An Old School Catholic Message Board

Steve Bannon and the Catholic Church

dUSt

Congress needs to get on this now, don't waste any more time and hammer out a solution.  I don't understand why DACA peeps can't apply for citizenship!  That's part of the problem!  They need to be allowed to at least try to gain citizenship in this country!

DACA can apply for citizenship is some instances.  The issue is, they should not be able to jump the line in frint if others.   

Thus whole hype about DACA is but a small percentage of the immigration population.   I have many family members (including my wife) who came here on a green card, and are naturalized citizens.   I personally feel this is an important issue, but the bishops and others, continue playing adversarial political party games and fight about bandaids they're putting on broken legs.  

Bannon is justthe other side of the same coin the liberal bishops are. 

On 9/9/2017 at 9:22 AM, dominicansoul said:

I think both are wrong.  Bannon for saying such a ludicrous thing and the bishops for protesting when DACA isn't going away UNLESS politicians cannot agree to fixing it and coming up with a solution.  That's exactly what trump asked for and like all things, he's getting crucified over trying to make constitutional something that is not constitutional.  

I wish the bishops wouldn't have knee jerk reactions like liberals do over things they hear on CNN.  

although can't you understand why the bishops are protesting DACA going away.  I would hazard a guess that they along with 99% of the american voting population have zero faith in congress to pass any sort of immigration reform.  I repeat zero faith in congress.  even when republicans and democrats have had the majority power in all three institutions, immigration reform has not been taken care of.  the last time something significant was done was under Regan.  Right or wrong, something was done.  Democrats and republicans, liberals and conservatives can't agree on almost anything these days.  heck, republicans can't even agree among themselves.  i honestly don't see any hope of this getting done.  6 months will pass and Trump will reinstate DACA.  Congress is a dumpster fire and its only getting worse.  

so i completely understand why the bishops are protesting this.  

On 07/09/2017 at 7:28 PM, dUSt said:

Steve Bannon says the Church "needs illegal aliens to fill the churches" and that the bishops are "just another guy with an opinion".

https://cruxnow.com/church-in-the-usa/2017/09/07/bannon-says-daca-bishops-just-another-guy-opinion/

The Catholic Church relies on immigrants, legal or not, to keep it going in the western world. If those people left or remained in their own country the Church would probably be halved in many places, probably more. Thousands of churches would have closed far faster than they now will. This brings problems for the Chuch though. But they definitely have an interest in keeping a steady stream of immigrants from countries with a Catholic base. Bishops aren't impartial. But then, who is? 

Trump never would have been president without illegal aliens. Who has the economic interest here. This man owes his entire 15 seconds of fame to illegal aliens. Maybe now he can become a construction worker and go build Trump's wall for him.

Edited by Era Might