Sign in to follow this  
dominicansoul

First Confederate Symbols, Now...Raw Cotton???

dominicansoul
1 hour ago, Seven77 said:

Wow. Okay, I appreciate the honesty :) However I'm not sure how it reconciles with this:

Oh no!  It wasn't meant personally!!!  I'm not saying I get vinegar from you, I'm just using that as an EXAmPLE.  You were saying, we need to bring people to Christ using beauty and love and sweetness, but I was saying, people perceive things one way and not the way you wish they would.  "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."  Also, you would be surprised how many people I've convinced with tough love, not being all sweet and nice.  That's all I was saying.  I wasn't aiming it at you personally, it was just an example.  

You know I love you, you're one of the best people I've met on this forum!  

Seven77
19 minutes ago, dominicansoul said:

Oh no!  It wasn't meant personally!!!  I'm not saying I get vinegar from you, I'm just using that as an EXAmPLE.  You were saying, we need to bring people to Christ using beauty and love and sweetness, but I was saying, people perceive things one way and not the way you wish they would.  "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."  Also, you would be surprised how many people I've convinced with tough love, not being all sweet and nice.  That's all I was saying.  I wasn't aiming it at you personally, it was just an example.  

You know I love you, you're one of the best people I've met on this forum!  

Haha, I just reread the post. I get it now… Sorry I'm a little slow… LOL.

13 hours ago, dominicansoul said:

It's a dangerous attitude to have, looking at others and assuming they aren't doing everything in their power to evangelize for Christ and to think only your attitude and your way of doing it works.  Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  I can say  all I ever get from you is vinegar.  It may not be so, but what I perceive to be so. 

I post what I want to post no one has to respond if it triggers them  so much. 

Kofc seems to understand what I'm talking about.  Other friends who've read it but don't post on phatmass get it too...

I work in higher education.  This tweet isn't just some random attitude, it's prevalent amongst millennials and liberals.  I witness it everyday and I for one find it alarming.  Like kofc said, the most innocent things are being attacked over this hysterical reaction that somehow racism is the most important evil rearing its head these days.  It isn't.  And the KKK are the same obscure irrelevant idiots they've been for the last 50 years.  They aren't a threat to our society.  The threat lies in mind control over the masses.  I've witnessed mass hysteria on my campus when it comes to things perceived to be homophobic, transphobic, xenophobic, name any phobic and they react hysterically to it! Lol!  It's all part of the divide and conquering of the leftists to control Americans emotions and win votes for their side.  It's eerie to witness... 

One day they will attack the very preaching of the Gospel and call it hate speech... and they will want to censor it, because that's what they riot about... to shut conservative values down.  If you guys don't see that happening, well good for you,  I see it in my very own work place.  We no longer have the right to think what we want to think, say what we want to say or even believe what we want to believe without a real threat of expulsion from our positions.  The other day they put the feminine napkin disposals in the men's room.  People were shocked at that but no one said anything lest they be called by Human Resources for being transphobic... 

this random liberal tweeted she wanted hobby lobby to remove this racist display.. she speaks for millions.  Within the first hour she had 20,000 likes not just shares, likes.  That means agreements.  They don't like something they want it destroyed.  On my campus, a man putting up pro life display had his pictures vandalized while the students and faculty applauded.  They don't like what they saw so they demanded it be destroyed.  

This isn't just some random tweet it's a reflection of millions...

I get what you're saying and where you're coming from. Trust me, I really do. Our world is really jacked up. I know that there are real attacks on life and the family and by no means should those attacks be diminished or obscured. It's pretty alarming, yes, I get that. I've been on board with trying to fight against all that in my own little way, especially online on Facebook and Twitter.

All I'm saying is, empathy takes us a lot farther. I'm saying this from firsthand experience. How do you help to convince someone that abortion is wrong? By trying to find some common ground that person first. Let's say that person is African-American. Let's say the topic of racism comes up. I don't think the best approach is to say, "well, abortion is more serious than those petty little incidents of racism that you're so caught up about."  No, I think the better approach is to agree with her about those evils of racism. You will have shown that you are on her side. Then, when the topic of abortion comes up you are in a better position to win that person over. That's basically what I'm saying. This is an approach that I think will really work… It may be slow work, it may seem like we are not making any progress. But trust me, I know this is a heck of a lot more effective in our world today.

dominicansoul
21 hours ago, Seven77 said:

All I'm saying is, empathy takes us a lot farther. I'm saying this from firsthand experience. How do you help to convince someone that abortion is wrong? By trying to find some common ground that person first. Let's say that person is African-American. Let's say the topic of racism comes up. I don't think the best approach is to say, "well, abortion is more serious than those petty little incidents of racism that you're so caught up about."  No, I think the better approach is to agree with her about those evils of racism. You will have shown that you are on her side. Then, when the topic of abortion comes up you are in a better position to win that person over. That's basically what I'm saying. This is an approach that I think will really work… It may be slow work, it may seem like we are not making any progress. But trust me, I know this is a heck of a lot more effective in our world today.

In my life's experience, it takes a bit of both.  Some people you can start out being very generous, charitable, kind and let them know you're not pushing them to change their minds, totally respecting their points of view, but then there are times that call for total tough love.  It takes a bit of both in my experience to preach the Gospel.  

Seven77
1 hour ago, dominicansoul said:

In my life's experience, it takes a bit of both.  Some people you can start out being very generous, charitable, kind and let them know you're not pushing them to change their minds, totally respecting their points of view, but then there are times that call for total tough love.  It takes a bit of both in my experience to preach the Gospel.  

I agree... but we might part ways in defining "total tough love."  And I would not utilize a left, right, liberal, conservative framework. 

Anomaly

People get way too offended and butt hurt about stuff

"Cotton plant decorations" is nothing to get all outraged about.   

Posting butt hurt about "cotton decor outrage" is nothing to get all in a titter about. 

Dial it all down about seventeen bazillion points. :smokey: