An Old School Catholic Message Board

medicaid expansion should stay, be expanded

dairygirl4u2c

the problem is government run healthcare stinks.  although so does private insurance.  there has yet to be an acceptable safety net in this country during and before Obamacare.  Healthcare costs are out of control.  This was not fixed with Obamacare and it was not fixed before Obamacare and it will not be fixed with the republican plan that is being brought before congress.  

before you even try to fix healthcare for all you need to have a viable safety net for those who can not help themselves.  the children, the disabled, the elderly and so on.  those who through no fault of their own can not support their own healthcare.  oh and for all those who will complain about the government taking money to pay for other people's medical care, well they are dead wrong.  the government does and is supposed to take your money to provide for its citizens on certain things.  the government has every right to take your tax money to pay for roads that you may not use, the military that protects its citizens, the homeland security that protects its people from domestic terrorists, the regulations on food and drugs that make sure those things are safe to its citizens and also to provide a safety net for those who can not care for themselves.  that is the point of a working and just government.  

On 9/24/2017 at 6:25 PM, havok579257 said:

the problem is government run healthcare stinks.  although so does private insurance.  there has yet to be an acceptable safety net in this country during and before Obamacare.  Healthcare costs are out of control.  This was not fixed with Obamacare and it was not fixed before Obamacare and it will not be fixed with the republican plan that is being brought before congress.  

before you even try to fix healthcare for all you need to have a viable safety net for those who can not help themselves.  the children, the disabled, the elderly and so on.  those who through no fault of their own can not support their own healthcare.  oh and for all those who will complain about the government taking money to pay for other people's medical care, well they are dead wrong.  the government does and is supposed to take your money to provide for its citizens on certain things.  the government has every right to take your tax money to pay for roads that you may not use, the military that protects its citizens, the homeland security that protects its people from domestic terrorists, the regulations on food and drugs that make sure those things are safe to its citizens and also to provide a safety net for those who can not care for themselves.  that is the point of a working and just government.  

its a beautiful sentiment, but then people start calling abortion "healthcare" and they ruin it for everybody else.  

I'm all for helping people who demand constant care and who through no fault of their own need assistance just to LIVE.  Honestly, I believe the majority of Americans want that too....but then you have a certain group of people (who will go unnamed because you hate me labeling people,) who demand doing outrageous, criminal and evil things with taxpayer money, and it poisons it for everyone.  

38 minutes ago, dominicansoul said:

but then you have a certain group of people (who will go unnamed because you hate me labeling people,) who demand doing outrageous, criminal and evil things with taxpayer money, and it poisons it for everyone. 

smb1zNV.jpg

41 minutes ago, dominicansoul said:

its a beautiful sentiment, but then people start calling abortion "healthcare" and they ruin it for everybody else.  

I'm all for helping people who demand constant care and who through no fault of their own need assistance just to LIVE.  Honestly, I believe the majority of Americans want that too....but then you have a certain group of people (who will go unnamed because you hate me labeling people,) who demand doing outrageous, criminal and evil things with taxpayer money, and it poisons it for everyone.  

i completely agree that the liberals do those things and its horrible and I rail against them for doing that.  the problem is conservatives do just as bad and want to cut safety nets because its their money and why should they have to help anybody with their money, its theirs.  Also the fact that if you can't support yourself for whatever reason, its your fault and its your responsibility to fix the problem.

no major person or group in this country has brought anything before the american people that is actually a fix to the healthcare system.  

Thats why i think the Church should start some sort of universal healthcare amongst its parishoners.  ITs what the early church did.  It's a bit more complicated now, but I don't see why we don't try and start something to help those in our parish who need the finances to basically LIVE.  

We will never understand the scope of the situation until the following sinks in:  people are living longer, and they are using more services, especially among older people.