An Old School Catholic Message Board

FILIAL CORRECTION of Pope Francis

KnightofChrist

KoC, don't hold your breath. 1 out of 4 young people today are atheists - not unchurched,  not agnostic, but atheists - in  part because of the casuistic mental habits of priests and religious. 

8 hours ago, McM RSCJ said:

by those who claim they know the orthodox requirement and are thereby entitled to the authority to call out the Pope and the Synod for errors

Yes: The signers have a right to do so.

This point is made in the actual text of the correction, and I've referred you to it the last you made this claim.

ETA: The above link is not where I responded to your statements on authority, but a post where I quoted FC and ReP. I request you that, as you read Francis, you read St John Paul the Great as well. 

To Knight of Christ:

"Again, Can the divorced and remarried who are still engaged in a sexual relationship receive absolution and communion without a change of life? Yes or no, then explain your answer. It seems to be "yes" but I just want to make sure. Lastly, please forgive me for not responding to most of your post. But since I feel you have purposefully avoided answering a simple question asked repeatedly of you I feel I should wait until you answer that question before continuing in dialogue."

1.  I have answered over and over.

2.  It is not a simple question, and the answers are not limited to "yes or no."

3.  You want to "make sure" of my answer.  So here it is again.  I think Amoris Laetitia explains why and how, in some few instances, a couple and their pastor may engage in a searching, honest, presumably sometimes painful, discernment that may lead to full reintegration into the sacramental life of the Church including reception of Eucharist.  And I not only agree with that explanation, I find it fully consonant with the message of the Gospel and the mission and teaching of the Church.

That's it.  Over and out.

KnightofChrist
10 hours ago, McM RSCJ said:

To Knight of Christ:

"Again, Can the divorced and remarried who are still engaged in a sexual relationship receive absolution and communion without a change of life? Yes or no, then explain your answer. It seems to be "yes" but I just want to make sure. Lastly, please forgive me for not responding to most of your post. But since I feel you have purposefully avoided answering a simple question asked repeatedly of you I feel I should wait until you answer that question before continuing in dialogue."

1.  I have answered over and over.

2.  It is not a simple question, and the answers are not limited to "yes or no."

3.  You want to "make sure" of my answer.  So here it is again.  I think Amoris Laetitia explains why and how, in some few instances, a couple and their pastor may engage in a searching, honest, presumably sometimes painful, discernment that may lead to full reintegration into the sacramental life of the Church including reception of Eucharist.  And I not only agree with that explanation, I find it fully consonant with the message of the Gospel and the mission and teaching of the Church.

That's it.  Over and out.

But you give a yes without saying yes. Point 3 is just your explanation of why it is sometimes acceptable for the divorced and remarried who are still engaged in a sexual relationship receive absolution and communion without a change of life.

21 hours ago, Maggyie said:

KoC, don't hold your breath. 1 out of 4 young people today are atheists - not unchurched,  not agnostic, but atheists - in  part because of the casuistic mental habits of priests and religious. 

There certainly is a great falling away from the Faith, and furthering the lack of discipline hasn't helped. It is very sad.