An Old School Catholic Message Board

Parish Visitors of Mary Immaculate

LilFlwr

Does anyone know anything about the Parish Visitors of Mary Immaculate? Has anyone visited them? Their charism is unique, and it sounds beautiful that they support the church's mission on evangelization by reaching out to those who have become distant from the Church and trying to bring them home to the Church. They also work with the youth. I had never heard of them before, and they look like a very beautiful community.

http://www.parishvisitorsisters.org/

I used to take a class once a week with their sisters who were on formation when I was with another community.  They are a faithful and joyful group, definitely worth a look.  Their work is so important and they are some of the kindest people you could meet.  (But I think it is a special penance to wear nylons every day, haha)

2 hours ago, He is Risen! said:

I used to take a class once a week with their sisters who were on formation when I was with another community.  They are a faithful and joyful group, definitely worth a look.  Their work is so important and they are some of the kindest people you could meet.  (But I think it is a special penance to wear nylons every day, haha)

Thanks for the information! And I can handle nylons, when I was a Postulant in my former community we all wore that too, lol.

• 3 weeks later...

The Sisters have a new habit now. They went back to one that is similar to the habit they wore in the 1950's. I like the new look :)