An Old School Catholic Message Board

About friends...

Ema

Hi guys! I want to hear from you about a very dear subject to me which is FRIENDSHIP. This is for a research I am doing, so I appreciate your support.  

So, I have two questions:

1. What do you long for in a friendship?

2. What are the main obstacles that you find in you to reach/find that kind of friendship?

Thank you very much!

1. Trust. Acceptance.

2. It takes me a long time to trust somebody and I get bored with people very fast. I give up on a relationship when I see that the person lacks a certain quality that I find paramount.  

dominicansoul
6 hours ago, dominicansoul said:

1. Complete loyalty

2. Throwing me aside when someone better comes along

Oh I read the instructions wrong.  #2 should be "possessiveness, sensitivity, pessimism, mistrust"  

1. respect, genuinely enjoy spending time together, maturity, share at least some interests, not dumb

2. my depression, my autism, quietness, shyness, introversion, social anxiety because of past experiences with "friends" and people who claim to want to help me,

people expecting for me to reveal uncomfortable information instead of letting me chose if I want to tell them let alone when to tell them (I don't mean online contact information. I mean information about my past, my family life, why I work part-time in a grocery store instead of working in the field that I got my degrees in. There are also stigmas against those with mental illnesses and those with autism.)

On 10/5/2017 at 11:38 PM, Ema said:

questions

On 10/5/2017 at 11:38 PM, Ema said:

1. What do you long for in a friendship?

2. What are the main obstacles that you find in you to reach/find that kind of friendship?

1.   Someone to love

2.  Kind heart who feels the same way