An Old School Catholic Message Board

So Yesterday I Turned 21

PhuturePriest

PhuturePriest

I joined this website when I was 14. Let that sink in and feel old.

I got to celebrate my birthday by serving for His Eminence, Cardinal Burke. It was my second time meeting him, and he is such a kind and gentle man. Knowing it was my 21st birthday, he allowed an exception in his busy schedule so I could have a picture with him. Then this morning after serving Mass for him again, I spoke with him afterwards and asked him to sign a copy of Hope For the World. His response was "For you? How could I say no?" I could have melted.

Anyway, for the more alcoholic-interested people, I went to a great Irish pub in Dallas and had an ale for my first drink, which was fantastic. I knew I hated beer and didn't know what the difference was, but I knew I love ye olde England, and chose a drink based off that. Smithwick's ale is fantastic and I will be ordering another one when possible. Someone bought me a whiskey despite my protests, and, as expected, I despised it. I then tried a frozen margarita which, as expected, I hated.

And the low quality picture, for those of you who are still mildly interested in that. It's unfortunate it isn't great, but he was in a hurry, plus there are a ton of other pictures that will be coming out soon.

22221949_1591548727532627_74223630688712

Edited by PhuturePriest

Congratulations on the aging thing.   So far so good.   It sounds like you had a spectacularly enjoyable day.  

The are 90 types of beer, with hundreds of brews for each type.   Life is not so long to risk missing a good brew with friends and well worth the cost of adventure.

Cheers :beer:

Happy Birthday, FuturePriest - you don't look like such a fetus anymore :)

As to whiskey, I imagine it wasn't a very good one; lots of very tasty ones out there

I turned 21 on a trip to Florida. I was excited to go into a liquor store there to purchase something. At the time the drinking age in Florida was 19, so the clerk couldn't seem the immensity of the occasion. Bit anticlimactic. 

Congratulations, PP...some of us remember you from way back when.  Try chocolate stout when you have a chance...it's delicious.

8 hours ago, truthfinder said:

Happy Birthday, FuturePriest - you don't look like such a fetus anymore :)

Yeah, i was about to say that. The phetus has become a bearded infant. 

Happy 21st, FP! 

PhuturePriest

An image from Friday of us carrying a statue of Our Lady of Fatima made in 1947. We carried it around the church property for the span of a rosary. My arm is still recovering.

22281999_1593772753976891_36852458307152