An Old School Catholic Message Board

Disciple 3000 - Beta testers needed :)

dUSt

Gifts are required to make more nuns and convents. I'm not sure what else to call it.

2 minutes ago, cruciatacara said:

What do you get for sacred art? I don't quite understand the gift system.

Sacred art is just another thing to build up that you can use for certain "Works".

3 minutes ago, dUSt said:

Gifts are required to make more nuns and convents. I'm not sure what else to call it.

Sacred art is just another thing to build up that you can use for certain "Works".

Ok, what is the difference in benefit between choosing nun or convent? Like, what gives prayers and what gives sacred art?

Or isn't there a difference? Is it just random?

And does clicking the Train Disciple button actually do anything? It seems to keep going automatically even if I don't click this button.

Edited by cruciatacara

14 minutes ago, cruciatacara said:

Ok, what is the difference in benefit between choosing nun or convent? Like, what gives prayers and what gives sacred art?

Or isn't there a difference? Is it just random?

And does clicking the Train Disciple button actually do anything? It seems to keep going automatically even if I don't click this button.

Nuns pray.

Convents increase the amount of prayers able to be said.

When prayers reach capacity, sacred art is created instead of prayers.

The Train Disciple button is useless after you begin to setup everything else which will make disciples for you.

Just now, dUSt said:

Nuns pray.

Convents increase the amount of prayers able to be said.

When prayers reach capacity, sacred art is created instead of prayers.

The Train Disciple button is useless after you begin to setup everything else which will make disciples for you.

Ok, good to know. It's better than a fidget spinner - almost hypnotic. Reminds me of Sims City without the graphics. Meditative in a weird way.

9 hours ago, truthfinder said:

I can't see any correlation to building more seminaries with anything else. Could you make that clearer?

---

Well according to the stats: "full autonomy in 3 hours 35 minutes" and with 150 mil disciples, I'm on to building cathedrals

It affects disciples per day which affects cash flow.

Although, again, I think there needs to be an adjustment because I only have 130 priests from 18 seminaries.  They must be doing a terrible job :P

Ok, I was doing fine but when I got to the end, I had the food and the prayers and the disciples and souls but because they were all in cathedrals, when I tried to cash out, as per the instructions, I ended up with not quite 5 octillion (or whatever it was) and after decommissioning everything, I couldn't seem to get any more militants even when I tried to rebuild, and the activity screen said 'sleeping'. So I guess I was done but it was unsatisfying not to get a final screen. Maybe just me. I won't try again - it took way too much of my time.but it was fun once.

"Imbalance between Harvester and Wire Drone levels has disorganized the Swarm"...

I feel that message was text for the other game you based it off of? I got it at one point...

13 hours ago, cruciatacara said:

Ok, I was doing fine but when I got to the end, I had the food and the prayers and the disciples and souls but because they were all in cathedrals, when I tried to cash out, as per the instructions, I ended up with not quite 5 octillion (or whatever it was) and after decommissioning everything, I couldn't seem to get any more militants even when I tried to rebuild, and the activity screen said 'sleeping'. So I guess I was done but it was unsatisfying not to get a final screen. Maybe just me. I won't try again - it took way too much of my time.but it was fun once.

You were ALMOST to the end, haha. You still had the round of archangels battling demons to go. You have to decommision everything, including cathedrals, etc etc before moving on to the spiritual realm.

8 hours ago, chrysostom said:

"Imbalance between Harvester and Wire Drone levels has disorganized the Swarm"...

I feel that message was text for the other game you based it off of? I got it at one point...

Yes, thanks... I missed a few remnants leftover from the game I got the code from. Thanks!!!

@dUSt  So I am determined (if not obsessive) so I tried it again (who needs all that time anyway) and the problem I had was getting the 6 octillion militants before decommissioning the cathedrals or the food supply. I think having no game instructions does cause problems - like not knowing there is another realm.

I did make it finally to the angelic realm, but as I do have something of a life, I have left it there for now, hopefully will come back to it when I have more time (maybe next weekend). Is there another realm after that? I can't imagine what.

Suggestions: a pause button like in Sim City so I can shut down the computer and go do real life sometimes, some hints about how things work, a map of the realms to know what to look forward to etc. 

I spent six months once working on Brian Bloodaxe. Finally got all the crown jewels and sat on the throne. I thought that would be it - but no - then it told me I had to go look for the Holy Grail. I gave up because I got repetitive strain injury from playing. This type of progressive game is dangerous for me. But fun. Good job.

3 hours ago, dUSt said:

Yes, thanks... I missed a few remnants leftover from the game I got the code from. Thanks!!!

Also: " The swarm has generated a gift of 4 additional computational capacity" I got that when the angel formation produced more gifts.

Thank you!

Im thinking about changing

NUNS/CONVENTS

to

PRAYER POWER/MEMORIZED PRAYERS

I think it makes more sense from a scale perspective?

35 minutes ago, dUSt said:

Thank you!

Im thinking about changing

NUNS/CONVENTS

to

PRAYER POWER/MEMORIZED PRAYERS

I think it makes more sense from a scale perspective?

Sounds good and makes sense. I did the last level tonight and it didn't take very long - not as interesting - not as many 'works' seemed to appear - and all that free angel cake etc, didn't really see the challenge. It was more like waiting for time to pass by. And unless I did it wrong, it didn't seem to end very satisfactorily, just that sentence at the top of the screen about God, which is nice, but I don't know, I like the first two levels better than the third. Just me, maybe. Level 1 and 2 take too long and Level 3 was surprisingly short. Otherwise, I still enjoyed it.

4 hours ago, cruciatacara said:

Sounds good and makes sense. I did the last level tonight and it didn't take very long - not as interesting - not as many 'works' seemed to appear - and all that free angel cake etc, didn't really see the challenge. It was more like waiting for time to pass by. And unless I did it wrong, it didn't seem to end very satisfactorily, just that sentence at the top of the screen about God, which is nice, but I don't know, I like the first two levels better than the third. Just me, maybe. Level 1 and 2 take too long and Level 3 was surprisingly short. Otherwise, I still enjoyed it.

Did you get to the end when it asked you if you wanted to continue or start again? Did you battle the demons?