Disciple 3000 - Beta testers needed :)

dUSt

7 hours ago, dUSt said:

NUNS/CONVENTS

to

PRAYER POWER/MEMORIZED PRAYERS

Actually, the more I'm thinking about this... I think this makes more sense:

ENERGY / DEVOTION

The "Energy" effects how fast you can pray, while the "Devotion" effects the amount you can pray.

Status " No crusading to do. Inactivity has caused the Knights to become bored "

Looks like it's from an earlier iteration of your angels...

8 hours ago, dUSt said:

Did you get to the end when it asked you if you wanted to continue or start again? Did you battle the demons?

No. I got to the point where nothing was available anymore except debates, but they did nothing as all prayers were maxed out, as were archangels, souls, etc. The message at the top has changed now (I reopened the game) back to the original save us but before it said that God made us for him or something like that.

Ideas?? There is no restart button or message that the game is over. I tried to attach a screenshot but it was too big and when I reduced it, it was impossible to see any details.

What happens when you get past 1 octillion disciples?  The cheat functions are helpful, by the way...  Especially the money one.  Actually, I don't really understand what the rest of them do...

5 hours ago, fides' Jack said:

What happens when you get past 1 octillion disciples?  The cheat functions are helpful, by the way...  Especially the money one.  Actually, I don't really understand what the rest of them do...

Are you on the second screen? In the third it changes from disciples to militants - it just seems to go on forever. I have reached 40 undecillion militants and 300 billion angels and the debates just go on and on and the battles go on and on and the graces go on and on -- I think this must be what eternity is. And it's boring. Every now and then a Works will appear and I click on it and get more power and then it just goes on and on. I don't even play it anymore - it's on automatic in the background.

After getting the final "upgrade" for section 2 it went pretty quickly.

However, I must have done something wrong afterwards, because during the 3rd section, no matter how many angels I recruited, they made no progress at all. I quit after that.

1 hour ago, chrysostom said:

However, I must have done something wrong afterwards, because during the 3rd section, no matter how many angels I recruited, they made no progress at all. I quit after that.

Well, no matter how many militants or angels or knowledge or graces or honor you acquire, it seems the best that you can get in works is more and more threnodies (lament songs). And since there is no way to turn off the sound, it interferes with whatever else you have going on your laptop. So as far as I am concerned, there is no point to the third screen. It should end after the second one. Unless there is something I am missing?

On 10/19/2017 at 11:06 PM, chrysostom said:

You didn't win. lol

I made some improvements to the interface, and some terminology. I also made it work on mobile devices a lot better.

Now, the only thing I need is better "Works". I'd like them to be theologically accurate and even inspiring.

9 hours ago, dUSt said:

You didn't win. lol

I made some improvements to the interface, and some terminology. I also made it work on mobile devices a lot better.

Now, the only thing I need is better "Works". I'd like them to be theologically accurate and even inspiring.

I think I finished it. I got 100% exploration and was told I could either start over again in another universe or be a roaming Catholic, which I chose because I didn't want to start the game again.

But then it kept telling me to disassemble things, which I did until the screen started over at 30 xxx disciples (some unpronounceable amount) and ended with a copyright 2017 for the game. The rest of the screen was blank.

Is that it?

Edited by cruciatacara

23 hours ago, cruciatacara said:

I think I finished it. I got 100% exploration and was told I could either start over again in another universe or be a roaming Catholic, which I chose because I didn't want to start the game again.

But then it kept telling me to disassemble things, which I did until the screen started over at 30 xxx disciples (some unpronounceable amount) and ended with a copyright 2017 for the game. The rest of the screen was blank.

Is that it?

YES! Congrats!!! hahaha

I have to make the ending better. It's the most incomplete, and hasnt been converted to Catholicism yet. 

I'm on stage 2, I think… It's so dang time-consuming! It seems to be taking so long for me… I'm at 165 quintillion with no end in sight. With no upgrades available except for one but I haven't reached the required number of militants.

I may end up boosting some of the upgrades to make things faster.

The look and feel is pretty much done, now I just gotta re-write all of the "works". I think there's a good opportunity to teach and drop knowledge.

11 hours ago, Seven77 said:

I'm on stage 2, I think… It's so dang time-consuming! It seems to be taking so long for me… I'm at 165 quintillion with no end in sight. With no upgrades available except for one but I haven't reached the required number of militants.

The only way I was able to complete it was to have it running on my laptop beside me on the sofa while I was watching TV. Every now and again I would lean over and click something but it just had to run its course. It takes way too long with too many periods of doing absolutely nothing but waiting. It would be good if there was some way to speed it up. And because there aren't any instructions, I kept wondering if my balance was right between soul searching and soul gathering and evil resistance and cathedral building etc.

Another thing that takes way too long are the debates - each one seems to take forever.

I don't think I would play it more than once - takes way too much time. Interesting, but needs to be faster by quite a lot to be any fun.

Edited by cruciatacara