An Old School Catholic Message Board

Foster Son/Depression

BarbTherese

My foster son returned from interstate a few months back.  He called in today and is a great help to me for what I cannot do myself.  He is in need of prayer as he has grown depressed and having suicidal thoughts because his marriage is not working out and he is unable to get work just now.  The aged care agency he works for is very slow at this time of year - and his wife is totally disinterested in trying to make the marriage work and is drinking heavily (alchohol is apparently a long standing problem).  He has expressed a desire to talk with a priest, but hesitant at this point.  He will be looking for psychological help tomorrow, as well as registering with other aged care agencies for work.   He has devotion to Our Lady and I am going to buy him a statue for his room as well as rosary beads - he is sharing a (5 bedroomed) house with four other men and that anyway seems to be working out ok for him.  Deo Gratius.

Because of his past (before my ex-husband and I fostered him at 8yrs old) and a truly traumatic past he does struggle with anxiety, self esteem and confidence problems and is prone to depression.

He will be calling here again on 26th November (he lives a fair way from here); meanwhile, I will be staying in touch via phone.

I have a very special intention for myself (not related to my foster son) which will begin to unfold on 22nd November. 

Thanks heaps for a prayer, Pham

Edited by BarbaraTherese