An Old School Catholic Message Board

Struggling

BarbTherese

I am now really getting into problems with my budget well and truly in the red - and it looks like another Vet bill on the way with Buddie coughing again.  I am not cancelling my direct debits to the parish and though they are minimal, with our Church needing urgent repair and the parish struggling too with finances and in the red -  I am trying not to cancel the direct debits anyway unless the budget takes another real dive. I have electricity and gas bills on the way and probably another Vet bill.  Needing to catch cabs most everywhere is draining things too even though our government gives me a 50% discount, which is outstandingly generous.  Our welfare system in Australia is certainly a system worth much gratitude and thanksgiving.

My Vet is very good and knows I struggle and how much I love Buddie and he does try very hard to keep the bill minimal and I am totally grateful for that.

I feel I can work through it all eventually if I maintain my chin up and a positive attitude with gratitude and thanksgiving that things are not far worse - as things always could be.  At the moment, I am "robbing Peter to pay Paul" and so far so good.

A prayer sure would help........... and thanks heaps, Pham :)