An Old School Catholic Message Board

Me And My Rosary...

Paladin D

yay! great response

now just make sure that u tell them the whoooole Rosary. When i learnt it all i knew was that you make the Our Father, three Hail Mary's, The Our Father, Ten Hail Mary's Our Father...............etc etc

teach em the mysteries!! it makes it better! just cause it's longer doesnt mean it will make kids like it less, it will make them like it more, I've seen it. I HATED the Rosary cause it was just vain repitition to me, until i learned how it could be meaningful repitition.

Pax et Amo Christi!

If you don't get your children to pray at a young age, it won't be as easy to get them to pray at an older age cause they won't be used to it.

If you don't get your children to pray at a young age, it won't be as easy to get them to pray at an older age cause they won't be used to it.

IcePrincessKRS

yay! great response

now just make sure that u tell them the whoooole Rosary.  When i learnt it all i knew was that you make the Our Father, three Hail Mary's, The Our Father, Ten Hail Mary's Our Father...............etc etc

teach em the mysteries!! it makes it better!  just cause it's longer doesnt mean it will make kids like it less, it will make them like it more, I've seen it.  I HATED the Rosary cause it was just vain repitition to me, until i learned how it could be meaningful repitition.

Pax et Amo Christi!

Definately teach the mysteries--thats part of what makes the rosary so special, otherwise ALL the rosary would be is repitition. As I said, we used to "compete" to see who could announce the mystery first so we could learn it. Doing that was a way to drill what it was into our heads so we would remember what we were supposed to be meditating on. As really little kids Mom would first teach us the prayers and let us lead, then as we got older and we were learning what the mysteries were we'd have to "compete" with the other siblings to lead that decade. :) Who woulda thought the rosary could be so fun? ;)