An Old School Catholic Message Board

New Rheumatologist

OnlySunshine

I made an appointment with a rheumatologist today for the 21st. I have been suffering quite a bit with pretty bad joint pain and bursitis and it is getting increasingly worse. I saw the chiropractor 2 weeks ago and I see him again on Thursday, but my neck has been quite painful. Also, my cervicogenic dizziness was so bad yesterday that I ended up calling out sick from work. I would try to close my eyes to sleep because I was so tired and I would feel like the room was spinning - I got horribly nauseated because of it. I started watching a girl's vlogs on YouTube and she has so many of the symptoms I have and was diagnosed with Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, type 3 (hypermobile type which is the most common and has the least complications). I'm not sure if I have it, but I definitely want to know what's going on. I also have a family history of rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia by my former GP and I was diagnosed with trochanteric bursitis by my current GP.

Anyway, I am 34 and I feel like an old, arthritic woman. Chiropractors can only help so much and I am constantly in pain in my neck, back, and hips. I even feel joint pain in my fingers which is bothersome since I work f/t. I remember I had a very high C-reactive protein level back in 2014 but my cholesterol was normal. Nothing was done about it and I'm wondering where my level is now. I hope this doctor can give me some answers.