An Old School Catholic Message Board

Final Exams?

Luigi

In the olden days, when I phirst joined Phatmass, whole lots of pholks were in college.

Do we still have pholks in college?

Do you guys have phinal exams coming up?

In what subjects?

Which phinals are you worried about?

Do you need prayers for them? 

Do you need study tips & approaches?

Let us know - some of us have been there, done that, and still have the T-shirt! (Tip of the hat to Anastasia - this post was prompted by her prayer request.)

Edited by Luigi

PhuturePriest

Indeed, first semester sophomore year of seminary at the University of Dallas.

I'm nervous about passing Spanish, as it turns out I'm good in general at school but not languages (or at the very least this language, or the way in which it is taught). Consequently, I have gotten grades all semester which I am not accustomed to and it took me through quite the ride. Gratefully I don't have to do Spanish after this until theology since I'm doing Latin from here on out (which will probably be its own struggle), but if you could pray I pass this class just so I can at least get the credits for an elective I would appreciate it. And, of course, any advice for learning a semester of a language in one week would be great.

Statistics is also a more moderate concern, but I think I should pass it.

I'm not concerned at all about failing any of my other classes, but if you could pray I get As in all of them I would appreciate it, lest my GPA suffer the consequences. I have a pretty solid shot at one and possibly two, but getting an A in the third will be a tough job at this point.

At stats, I'm no use at all. But in languages, I excel.

What topics are covered? Greetings & leave-taking, family, self-care verbs (daily activities like eat, drink, sleep, walk, talk), numbers, schedules & time? In other words, are you learning basic communicative skills on everyday topics? OR, is this class geared more toward reading academic texts?

What modes are you being tested on primarily? Listening and speaking, or reading and writing?

missionseeker

I'm working on a masters. I was worried about an exam in which I parodied the theme song for the Fresh Prince of Bel Air as an answer to a question prompt. But I got a 91 on it. :blues:

28yrolddiscerner

I’m taking four finals in one week!! I’m not prepared and stressing. Please pray that I make it through. God’s will be done.

im in a counseling program.