An Old School Catholic Message Board

Different perspective

BarbTherese

I thought that this video had what sounded like a very young prioress with a new and beautiful perspective on monastic contemplative enclosure: 

Our daughter is in this Carmel and will be making her final profession tomorrow. It is a beautiful place, wonderful sisters (the superior is middle age, very saintly) It is one of the foundations from the Carmel of JMJ in Valparaiso and like them, they are overflowing with sisters. 

7 hours ago, andibc said:

Our daughter is in this Carmel and will be making her final profession tomorrow. It is a beautiful place, wonderful sisters (the superior is middle age, very saintly) It is one of the foundations from the Carmel of JMJ in Valparaiso and like them, they are overflowing with sisters. 

How wonderful for your daughter - congratulations to you, your daughter and the whole family.  What a great day for you all.:like2:

It is not surprising to me that a Carmel overseas (I am in Australia) is overflowing with the increased interest in the religious life and with a saintly prioress.  Deo Gratius!  Here in Australia to my knowledge we still have a lack of religious vocations including to the priesthood (religious and diocesan). Come Holy Spirit at the intercession of Our Lady.

These nuns are moving from Elysburg to Fairfield and an interview with a recent entrant was posted a couple of days ago in another post here.