An Old School Catholic Message Board

Jerusalem as Capitol

Anomaly

Why not?

Okay, only if Israel meets certain conditions?  Such as what?

No because it upsets Palestine?Do they have a right to violently react?

No because it upsets Muslims?   Do they have a right to violently react?

Do you think or know other Presidents have verbally supported this?

dominicansoul

Every President since Bush the first, has verbally supported this, right?  Then they were bullied into doing nothing about it.  

Trump doesn't really seem to mind the bullying, hatred, antagonism towards him, so anything goes...

"All the world's a stage"

Just another example of Trump's fifteen seconds of fame. He has no strategic plan domestically or internationally. This isn't Woodrow Wilson with a vision for international peace. Trump's just here for the performance art. Everything he does is about finally making reality all the fantasies and ideas of the Right, from building a wall to moving the capitol to Jerusalem to threatening to commit genocide in North Korea to cutting taxes for the wealthy. The USA will now be the only embassy in the world in Jerusalem. It's not about this particular act, but that Trump is just doing stuff to make a point. It's all performance art...with opportunism mixed in. He's not a president, he's a businessman with a government and a military at his disposal, that's it, and he's willing to use it to get what serves him.

Edited by Era Might

dominicansoul

what i find so ironic is how every liberal and trump hater called him Hitler and he's given the Jews what they've wanted for 70 years.

you can't make this stuff up!  :hehe2:

5 minutes ago, dominicansoul said:

what i find so ironic is how every liberal and trump hater called him Hitler and he's given the Jews what they've wanted for 70 years.

you can't make this stuff up!  :hehe2:

That's the great dream of the Jews, to have a US embassy in Jerusalem? I think they'd want like peace or something.

38 minutes ago, Era Might said:

"All the world's a stage"

Just another example of Trump's fifteen seconds of fame. He has no strategic plan domestically or internationally. This isn't Woodrow Wilson with a vision for international peace. Trump's just here for the performance art. Everything he does is about finally making reality all the fantasies and ideas of the Right, from building a wall to moving the capitol to Jerusalem to threatening to commit genocide in North Korea to cutting taxes for the wealthy. The USA will now be the only embassy in the world in Jerusalem. It's not about this particular act, but that Trump is just doing stuff to make a point. It's all performance art...with opportunism mixed in. He's not a president, he's a businessman with a government and a military at his disposal, that's it, and he's willing to use it to get what serves him.

so just ignore this resolution was passed so, so, so many years ago.  a promise that has not been kept by America, a promise they made so many years ago.  i guess its ok for this country to not keep good on promises to other countries just as long as some liberals complain about it.  ignore Bush I, Bush II, Clinton, Obama, Chuck Shumer, so many democrats, so many republicans all agreeing to this and voting for this.  ignore  all this because we know at the end of the day this is brand new, this is something never been brought up before, this is all about racism and white nationalism and this is all Trumps idea. 

I mean if we ignore all those things we can make it fit into your narrative that Trump is evil and vile and has never done anything right as president.  

dominicansoul
25 minutes ago, Era Might said:

That's the great dream of the Jews, to have a US embassy in Jerusalem? I think they'd want like peace or something.

Yes, because it's implied we believe and recognize Jerusalem is the capital of Israel.  They want their homeland more than they want peace.   

You're not very intellectually honest.  You seem to be blinded by raging seething hatred of trump and republicans and conservatives and cops and wealthy people.  When you see the world through that kind of hatred, you aren't really seeing the entire picture.  

4 minutes ago, havok579257 said:

so just ignore this resolution was passed so, so, so many years ago.  a promise that has not been kept by America, a promise they made so many years ago.  i guess its ok for this country to not keep good on promises to other countries just as long as some liberals complain about it.  ignore Bush I, Bush II, Clinton, Obama, Chuck Shumer, so many democrats, so many republicans all agreeing to this and voting for this.  ignore  all this because we know at the end of the day this is brand new, this is something never been brought up before, this is all about racism and white nationalism and this is all Trumps idea. 

I mean if we ignore all those things we can make it fit into your narrative that Trump is evil and vile and has never done anything right as president.  

Ok, so that's Trump's foreign policy priority, to keep America's promises. If that's what he's doing, then let's dig back into ALL the promises this country has made, and fulfill them all. I doubt Trump will be digging too deeply.

1 minute ago, dominicansoul said:

Yes, because it's implied we believe and recognize Jerusalem is the capital of Israel.  They want their homeland more than they want peace.   

You're not very intellectually honest.  You seem to be blinded by raging seething hatred of trump and republicans and conservatives and cops and wealthy people.  When you see the world through that kind of hatred, you aren't really seeing the entire picture.  

Certainly, if I saw things more from Trump's perspective I'd have a more rational, clear-sighted, honest, fair, open, even-handed and generous interpretation of things. That's what he's known for, stepping back and looking at the whole picture.

23 minutes ago, havok579257 said:

What's the quota of things we're supposed to approve in order to be a respectful citizen? I don't think this move is either "right" or "wrong." What I want to know is what problem this solves, and what (and whose)  purpose it serves. Your interpretation is that Trump just wants to make things right, fulfill promises. That's a charitable and generous interpretation of things, but forgive me if I don't see the world through that patriotic lens. All rulers have interests. Often, they're guided by genuine basic ideals, even if imperfect. But no, I don't see Trump as guided by any ideals. What is his foreign policy doctrine? What are his ideals? He's a nationalist ideologue. You have a different interpretation of him. You see him as an administrative figure to be judged on general patriotic grounds. I don't. I see him as a calculating, self-interested, ideological opportunist. Shakespeare wrote entire histories of English kings, all with different personalities, the weak Richard II, the evil and calculating Richard III, the usurper Henry IV, the ambitious hero Henry V. People still debate what exactly these figures were. So, we just have different interpretations of what Trump is. I'm not dishonest about what I think he is. I think he's a populist demagogue, and this country is going to wake up after and realize it just got raped, and wonder what happened. We'll see what happens.

dominicansoul
18 minutes ago, Era Might said:

Ok, so that's Trump's foreign policy priority, to keep America's promises. If that's what he's doing, then let's dig back into ALL the promises this country has made, and fulfill them all. I doubt Trump will be digging too deeply.

Certainly, if I saw things more from Trump's perspective I'd have a more rational, clear-sighted, honest, fair, open, even-handed and generous interpretation of things. That's what he's known for, stepping back and looking at the whole picture.

But I thought you already see things from trump's perspective?   You seem to be in his brain thinking his thoughts and letting us know exactly what he feels and believes...

Just now, dominicansoul said:

But I thought you already see things from trump's perspective?   You seem to be in his brain thinking his thoughts and letting us know exactly what he feels and believes...

No, I only see what he says and does. That's what I judge him on. What he thinks in his private thoughts is his business. What he says and does, is open and plain for all to see. I thought his Inauguration speech was vile and loathesome. I think his tweets are vile and loathesome. I think his bellicose posturing is vile and loathesome. And I think his attempts to use history and religion in his public discourse is vile, loathesome and just dumb.

He can feel and believe whatever he wants. What he says and does, is for all to judge according to their own knowledge, wits and ideas. Trump can talk a big game, but I'd like to see him walk through any hood in America. He's a rich boy, arrogant, prideful and vain man who lives in a fantasy world of supermodels, Russian oligarchs, celebrities and sleaze. He ain't exactly George Washington.

dominicansoul

So, you think his vile and loathsomeness some how played a part in keeping a promise every president has promised since George H. Bush?

Just now, dominicansoul said:

So, you think his vile and loathsomeness some how played a part in keeping a promise every president has promised since George H. Bush?

I honestly think it's touching that you think Trump is such an upstanding and honest man of integrity that his objective as president is to right history's wrongs and fulfill unfulfilled promises. It must be lovely to live in a world where you have such a man as your president. To think, that in 2017, there is such a man of honor who looks at the world in terms of faithful promise-keeping.

You and I live in different worlds, but yours must be nice, I have to admit.