An Old School Catholic Message Board

Canadian Vocations

mantellata

So I spent some time with 3 religious orders in the USA but have returned to Canada/Ontario feeling my vocation (whatever it is) is here. Just wondering if there is anyone else lurking on the forums who is a member of the Canadian tribe ;-) and feels the dearth of "sisters-in-discernment" in your locale like myself. If love to chat about what it's like discerning "North of the border".

Welcome! there's  a couple Canadians about, myself included. Not discerning, but had reached out to some communities in the past here and know other Canadians who have entered communities in Canada as well. 

10 hours ago, mantellata said:

So I spent some time with 3 religious orders in the USA but have returned to Canada/Ontario feeling my vocation (whatever it is) is here. Just wondering if there is anyone else lurking on the forums who is a member of the Canadian tribe ;-) and feels the dearth of "sisters-in-discernment" in your locale like myself. If love to chat about what it's like discerning "North of the border".

Hi from "North of the border" as well.

I'm not discerning but I'm accompanying some Canadians in discernment. I'd say that I don't think there is a dearth of "sisters-in-discernment" in Canada although the disproportion of population versus territory makes feel that way.  I believe there is a dearth of "Canadian-options-for-discerners" though.

Blessings and prayers for you.

Hey I'm not discerning north of the border! But I visited an order briefly near Ottawa - Queenship of Mary. They're new and have so many young sisters and most likely people discerning with them! Reach out and see!!