An Old School Catholic Message Board

What's Your Rosary?

Paladin D

Yours is beautiful!

Mine is form Mexico, from the Bsilica of Guadalupe! It has a Guadalupe center, a cross with a little crystal in it that when you look at it in the light, you see the miraculous image, and the beads and cross are made of wood, a warm and rich wood tone. I love it, needless to say!! B)

I want to get myself a 19 inch one. Black and White seem to be the only colors that appeal to me with a Rosary, most of the blues aren't the type I like.

i have many rosaries, but my favorite one was given to me by a close friend from assisi. it's a brown wood and rope rosary blessed by pope john paul 2, and a 3rd class relic of st. maxamillion colby, because when i was at auschwitz, i rubbed it on his cell walls. it means more to me than most material things!

GO MARY!!

Mine has red beads made from pressed rose petals. I got it at the monastery of El Escorial in Spain, which is right outside Madrid. Naturally, it smells like roses! It also has a silver crucifix and medal, which consists of the Blessed Mother's head encircled by 12 stars.

mines plastic beads on string... my old priest gave it to me, was his personnal rosary. I don't pray rosary, it just sits on top of the shelf above my bed, but its there.

littleflower+JMJ

i have a ton of rosarys, some plain, some beautiful but no matter what they are i think all special.......

rosaries are soo cool! B) everytime i go to the catholic shop i want to buy all the pretty rosaries, but heaven knows i have plenty at home i need to use first! :D

IcePrincessKRS

normal_100_0412.JPG

These are my rosaries. :)

The little finger rosary on the left was made by my good friend Gerard.

The glowing blue one next to it was a gift from my Mama--the beads actually look more like the color of the finger rosary when they aren't reflecting the camera flash.

The orange beads I found in a drawer in the desk in my room at college when I moved in (I went to a Catholic college) and they were broken, so I fixed them and kept them instead of discarding them (or leaving them there for the next people who came along...).

The white rosary was made for me by my mother in law as a wedding present, she made black ones like it for Matthew.

And the wooden, brightly colored beads are Adrienne's first rosary, a gift from our aunt (my great aunt, so her great-great aunt).

:)

Chastisement

I currently can't find my more "used" rosary, which is an annoyance, it'll be in my mess somewhere, my problem is I tend to just grab and pray anywhere, then I leave them down somewhere.

However, they're made from transparent crystal, with Jesus the Holy Infant medal, along with the sacred heart, and a mecalious medal, the Holy Infant was blessed by the Pope, my mum's friend was over there and got it blessed, and I scored it.

I have a pair made out of blue crystal, and that's a beautiful pair, but it needs to be re-wired as it's broken in about twenty peices.

Then I have about 10 other pairs, including a finger rosary on my keys and a small plastic pair I carry in a pocket.

My grandfather used to make plastic rosaries, I've got a couple of his that he finished before he died.

My mum has tens of pairs about the place, she's not only my mum and spiritual advisor, by my catholic store! She's got one of those cool wooden rosarys that nuns used to wear from their belt.

In case you didn't notice, I came from a Rosary lovin' family. B)

cmotherofpirl

Mine are kelly green (of course). I replaced the original crucifix with the worn one off my grandmas rosary, its peuter and Jesus is almost worn off it. I added a St Anne's medal, a Medjugore medal of Mary, and a celtic cross near the medal,for extra prayers.

I have my dads rosary from Pope Pius XII , but the beads are so small you really can't use them.

I also have a small collection of crucifixes etc from the flea market. My evangelical neighbor buys them for me, even though she considers them a waste of time.

Yours is beautiful!

Mine is form Mexico, from the Bsilica of Guadalupe! It has a Guadalupe center, a cross with a little crystal in it that when you look at it in the light, you see the miraculous image, and the beads and cross are made of wood, a warm and rich wood tone. I love it, needless to say!! B)

VeraMaria, I think I have the same rosary! My college roommate brought it back for me from Mexico! It is wood, has a cross with the crystal view of the image of Guadalupe, on the our father beads it has pictures from the miracle of Guadalupe, and on each of the wooden beads it has a letter, so it spells in spanish something like "queen of america, pray for us" ok so I'll need to go look at it to be 100% sure what it says.

Do you have the same one or are they just similar? I've never met anyone else with a rosary like this before.

ok here's what is printed on the beads of my Guadalupe rosary:

marian sra de guadalupe emperatriz de america ruega por nosotros

I wish I had a digital camera or I would take a picture.

In case you didn't notice, I came from a Rosary lovin' family. B)

That's so cool!! Tell me more about your family.... :D

VeraMaria, I think I have the same rosary! My college roommate brought it back for me from Mexico! It is wood, has a cross with the crystal view of the image of Guadalupe, on the our father beads it has pictures from the miracle of Guadalupe, and on each of the wooden beads it has a letter, so it spells in spanish something like "queen of america, pray for us" ok so I'll need to go look at it to be 100% sure what it says.

Do you have the same one or are they just similar? I've never met anyone else with a rosary like this before.

YEAH!! That's the one!!!! That's soooooo cool!! :D :D :D ;):P

HEY, we have the same rosary!! B) B) B) :P