An Old School Catholic Message Board

What's Your Rosary?

Paladin D

Mine has red beads made from pressed rose petals. I got it at the monastery of El Escorial in Spain, which is right outside Madrid. Naturally, it smells like roses! It also has a silver crucifix and medal, which consists of the Blessed Mother's head encircled by 12 stars.

My daughter received her Rosary from the same place, a friend of ours was there a couple years ago!

Peace, Ken

cantstopdancin9

I have a regular pink plastic rosary and a pink knotted rosary (made from rope). Everything I have is pink. I have a pink bible, a pink bible case, I highlight everything in pink, if I could I would probably turn pink myself. Can you guess my favorite color? :D

littleflower+JMJ

oh no!!! i know that word!!

CSD!! do you drive a pink car, live in a pink house, with a pink door and pink windows, in a pink neighborhood, wiht pink hair..........

:lol: :lol:

gopherball33

i got 2 of my rosaries in elementary school. the teacher let us keep them. then are plastic glow in the dark beads. i have a white plastic 1 that is unopened

My first rosary was given to me when I joined the Knights of Columbus. It has black beads and I'm not sure what metal the crucifix is made of. I've repaired it a number of times and can't think of where it is right now.

The second rosary I received was a gift from my Mother. It is a St. Patrick Rosary with an image of St. Patrick and a Celtic cross is pewter and green beads with shamrocks on them.

The third rosary I received was from my Aunt. She picked up one for me and one for my wife. She purchased them while visiting the Vatican. It has small red beads and a small silver crucifix.

The rosary I currently carry with me is made entirely out of small cord. The beads and cross are actually knotted cord. I received this one while performing a signal mission at Fort Polk, LA.

cmotherofpirl

Since my rosary breaks just about everytime I put it in my pocket, I have started repairing it with unwaxed dental floss in little tiny knots.

Anybody else have a good solution( other than welding)?

The rosary that I use most often is a pink crystal rosary from Fatima that my friend gave me for my 16th birthday.. It's always in my purse, and when I have nothing to do in class, I'll sneak it out and see if I can freak out the person sitting next to me ;)

IcePrincessKRS

Anybody else have a good solution( other than welding)?

Sorry Cmom, I always just whip out the pliers and take care of it that way. The dental floss is a good idea though, I may have to try that next time!

littleflower+JMJ

Sorry Cmom, I always just whip out the pliers and fix take care of it that way. The dental floss is a good idea though, I may have to try that next time!

geez i always use my teeth to close it shut

LOL

works like a charm!

:huh::o:unsure::blink: :ph34r:

IcePrincessKRS

heh heh heh .....If I don't have pliers handy, like if I'm in the car or someplace outside my home, I use my teeth. **blushing** I just didn't want to admit to that with my mom reading the phorum and having dished out a few thousand bucks on my pearly whites for braces and everything they entailed. :P

gopherball33

and when I have nothing to do in class, I'll sneak it out and see if I can freak out the person sitting next to me ;)

how would this freak out a person

littleflower+JMJ

yeah but i do it because i wait to "get" the pliers i may never be able to put it back together because of misplacing one peice or another.....

but yeah, teeth bills and all that work "done" are such troubles! lol