An Old School Catholic Message Board

Sisters from a recent Vocation Culture video

Bonkira

In the video linked below, there are young sisters in a sinple denim habit, light blue short veil, and white cincture--first seen at about 1:30n then about 2:10, and a big group shot at 2:30, and so on. Curious as to what order this is--Google is not being helpful

Thanks!

Edited by Bonkira

Sponsa-Christi

When my parents visited me in Rome for Easter during the last year of my canon law studies, we saw these Sisters all over Rome. I didn't know who they were at the time, so my dad nicknamed them "the dungaree nuns." :) 

4 hours ago, DameAgnes said:

Oh, I remember. They were HUGE as Poor Clares but something happened and they were disbanded, right? 

No, they were never disbanded. They transitioned from Poor Clares into Iesu Communio in one jump -with Pope Benedict direct support -they were approved into pontifical right without going through the diocesan stage of new religious communities creation process.

They continue growing and this year 2017 have made their first foundation on a different diocese -Valencia, Spain- with 50 Sisters. Currently they are renovating/arranging a vacated old convent but there was already the official reception of the community into the new diocese early this summer with Cardinal Cañizares presiding the Mass at the cathedral.

Here is some background for those interested

https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/spanish_cloistered_nuns_see_surge_in_vocations

https://sites.google.com/site/ecclesialpeace/st-gregory-palamas-on-the-hol/the-charismatic-renewal-in-brazil/monks-and-charismatics-in-the-new-evangelisation---revealing-god-s-presence/the-catholic-charismatic-renewal/the-work-and-power-of-the-holy-spirit-by-pope-francis/an-interview-with-father-michael-harper/the-elder-sophrony-and-renewal/the-two-baptisms-of-st-symeon-the-new-theologian-b/lectio-divina-the-desert-fathers/the-acquisition-of-the-holy-spirit-by-saint-seraphim-of-sarov/the-transfiguration-of-st-seraphim/the-liturgy-of-the-heart-by-dom-andre-louf-ocso/iesu-communio-a-remarkable-community