An Old School Catholic Message Board

Updates

OnlySunshine

Well, I had quite the busy week!  I had my first ever rheumatology appointment which went pretty well but I'm still not sure what I think of this doctor.  I didn't get that good feeling when I saw her but I'm giving her a chance.  If I don't feel comfortable, I can always go for a second opinion.  She ordered a plethora of blood work and 2 x-ray series of my lower back and pelvis.  I had my neck series done the same day before the appointment so I am waiting for the radiologist's consult on it which will most likely be this upcoming week.  I'm praying that I don't have any autoimmune disorders, but I would like some firm, concrete answers so I know exactly what I am dealing with and I, likewise, want a solid treatment plan.  I'm thinking, from the reading I did, that it's chronic fatigue syndrome and/or fibromyalgia with some mild arthritis in my neck (I saw narrowing of some of the foramen in my neck which compresses nerves; the chiropractor I saw diagnosed me with cervical radiculopathy, so it fits).  Anyway, I hope I have updates soon.  I'll see the rheumatologist again in less than 3 weeks.

Also, the interview did NOT go well at all - it was nothing I did.  I went there after a third party recruiter submitted my information and resume to the company.  She thought I was exactly what they were looking for.  However, when I spoke to the ADON, she basically stated that I was supposed to "marry this job" and they were looking for someone not interested in further advancement opportunities - that is NOT suitable for me since I'm going for nursing starting in the Spring.  I was horribly upset and confused and I told the recruiter that she needed to consult with them because they are looking for someone specific.  At least I still have my job, but this interview left me dazed and shaken to the point where I am not sure I want to go on any further interviews.  It might be a good thing because I still have FMLA and I have flexibility with my schedule to allow for doctors' appointments so I think I may halt the job search for a while, at least.