An Old School Catholic Message Board

Ben nails it

little2add

you can say what you want about Trump's judgement but I don't think he could have made a better choice for United States Secretary of Housing and Urban Development than Benjamin Solomon Carson Sr. 

carson is generally a competent individual, but there are tons of other people out there who are just as competent and actually have a background in housing and urban development. trump just hired loyalists and cronies, when he should have hired actual experts in their field. i actually thought maybe he would have by the way he talked in the election, but i was sadly misled. 

12 minutes ago, linate said:

there are tons of other people out there who are just as competent 

Like who?    You sound a little prejudiced 

Carson went from being a poor student to receiving academic honors and eventually attending medical school. As a doctor, he became director of pediatric neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins Hospital at age 33 

so you think he's so overly capable, that there's no one who has experience in housing who could match his capability? it's not complicated. pick someone smart, but also someone who has credentials. i dont think i need to pin point anyone, but i'm sure if i researched people in the federal housing program i could find someone just as smart and generally capable. 

dominicansoul

Seeing that the last administration had no one who was experienced or qualified, I'll take Ben Carson to be in charge of anything he can make better.  

You do realize the HUD Secretary Shaun Donovan earned $199,700 in base salary, and the median starting salary of $395,000 for neurological surgeons.   After six years in practice, the average salary grew to $589,500. "Neurosurgery Market Watch" reports that neurosurgeons six to 15 years into their profession earned a median income of $914,000.00

On 1/2/2018 at 8:53 PM, little2add said:

As a doctor, he became director of pediatric neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins Hospital at age 33

my guess is doctor Carson took a big pay cut to be the HUD Secretary 

after all Overseeing a government agency isn’t brain surgery 

Edited by little2add