An Old School Catholic Message Board

I'm back, phor those who care.

PadrePioOfPietrelcino

PadrePioOfPietrelcino

Well Ladies and Gents,

It's been a LONG time since I've been on PM 2014ish I think, so I'm sure there are some new names around. I'll be stopping by more phrequently again hopefully and enjoying the community. For those who do remember me, I'm in my 1st Theology year of the Seminary now and things are going well.

-PAX

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Welcome back brother, GodblesS u with an abundance of faith, hope, love, knowledge and wisdom. I just got back too.

Edited by Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Sure, I remember you (can't believe it's been nearly 4 years, though)--welcome back!

Blessings on your studies and vocation journey. :nunpray:

5 hours ago, MIKolbe said:

I have no idea who you are.

Exactly, right?

Edited by Anomaly

so we're both in seminary.... interesting......

and stop calling me fat.

Edited by MIKolbe
to tell PPoP to stop calling me fat

Diocese of Pittsburgh - permanent diaconate - 1st year as well

if we both make it, it would be cool if we could do a Mass together....and then have some pie...and then some iced tea with umbrellas

PadrePioOfPietrelcino

That would be cool. Is your program a 5 year formation? That seems to be most common from what I can tell, but there have been variances by Diocese.

yes..

1st year is an introductory year (propaedeutic) and then 4 years after that.

They try to give us a cursory experience in multiple disciplines in the first year so we are not only better formed for the 4 year program, but have a clearer images of how that formation will look.  We have been going through and will complete reading the catechism, we've had shadowing opportunities with priests and deacons in various liturgical/parish activities, we have days of reflection throughout the past year on de Caussade's Abandonment to Divine Providence, there was a pre-homiletics section, a pastoral outreach assignment, test, papers, and other various and sundry assignments, projects, and other stuffs.  There's 19 in the class now, down from 21 and they are pretty cool dudes.  We even have someone from an eastern rite who will be formed with us as that rite in Pitt does not have a formation program for deacons...

You have 8 years?  how's it for you?

I've got a cousin in deacon formation. I haven't talked to him about it yet, but I need to. I have an area of specialization in mind for him - Deaf ministry - not that he will necessarily be interested in it, but I've got to at least pitch the idea to him. If he doesn't go into it himself, maybe he can at least be supportive in the future.