An Old School Catholic Message Board

Sisters who accept someone with disability?

28yrolddiscerner

28yrolddiscerner

I believe I have a religious vocation and want to find a community in the US that accepts me.  I take a low dose of psych meds and am very stable...do you know of a community of women that might accept me??? Thank you

sr.christinaosf

Just contact and ask...

What are you looking for in a community?

When you search and contact communities, be upfront...ask your questions you have about them and include the fact of your own issue right away, asking if that is a problem for them.

That is what I did when I was looking at communities (since I have a vision impairment).

Sr. Christina Marie, OSF

https://ourfranciscanfiat.wordpress.com

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure if this is permitted under the Phatmass rules, which only allow communities that have official Church approval to be discussed here.

Hi Kate, I've removed it for you. :) Don't worry. It's just a Phatmass rule that only communities that are supported by their bishop are promoted here, to help discerners figure out what is recognised by the Church. New foundations are fine - we just need to see some proof of diocesan support. God bless.

On 1/19/2018 at 1:10 AM, 28yrolddiscerner said:

I believe I have a religious vocation and want to find a community in the US that accepts me.  I take a low dose of psych meds and am very stable...do you know of a community of women that might accept me??? Thank you

The religious community who will most likely consider you is the Religious Sisters of Mercy Alma in Michigan http://www.rsmofalma.org/contact/contact.html

4 hours ago, beatitude said:

Hi Kate, I've removed it for you. :) Don't worry. It's just a Phatmass rule that only communities that are supported by their bishop are promoted here, to help discerners figure out what is recognised by the Church. New foundations are fine - we just need to see some proof of diocesan support. God bless.

Thank you!!