An Old School Catholic Message Board

Update

orapronobis

Hi!

I don't know if anyone remembers me but I used to occasionally post on here in 2015/16 as I prepared to join the Church through the Ordinariate.

Well...not long after joining, I fell away from the faith almost completely (apart from continuing to have a crucifix on my bedroom wall.) I went as far as joining my local Marxist society.

I went off to university in September at a really prestigious school in London to read Sociology (if you're familiar with universities in London you can probably guess where.) I was heavily involved with the MarxSoc there and gave absolutely no thought to the Church at all and lived the stereotypical student life. Well, until I passed by Tyburn Convent one day and went in out of curiosity. 

Something in my soul just awoke in that chapel and I just spent hours in there. I have since dropped out of my university (it just wasn't for me) am planning to go elsewhere in September and am officially discerning again. 

So yeah, life over the past few years has been a bit of a rollercoaster. Please, pray for me as I grow both as a person and a Catholic during my unplanned "gap year."

I've been to Tyburn. It's a beautiful refuge in the middle of the city. Jesus is so good.

Prayers for you, asking especially for St. Therese's intercession.