An Old School Catholic Message Board

Laid Off Work - Weepy and Scared

OnlySunshine

Ever since being laid off on Friday, my depression has been threatening to return and I have been very weepy the last few days.  At the drop of a hat, I start crying again.  I had set up an appointment with my psychiatrist this morning but missed it due to my fibromyalgia being so bad that my back felt like I had been hit by a freight train.  I took some medicine that makes driving dangerous so I could feel better and went back to sleep.  I have been looking at job openings and applying but the anger and sadness about losing my job makes me want to withdraw and I'm worried about what will happen if I cannot find one soon.  It doesn't help that I haven't been to Church lately because of flaring health issues - I have fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis, and possibly an autoimmune disorder from positive blood tests (most likely lupus but I don't see my rheumatologist again until 2/15 unless I can get in there sooner).  I'm doing all I can to get my financial situation in order so I don't have to worry about any debts - I filed my tax return last night, filed for unemployment compensation, etc.  I don't know what will happen if I cannot find a job and/or afford health insurance thru COBRA.  It's pretty expensive and I need to keep my doctor's appointments.