An Old School Catholic Message Board

And I'm Back

Cradle Catholic

Cradle Catholic

I grew up Catholic. Went to Catholic school, completed all the sacraments up until confirmation. As an adult I left the church, got married and divorced. I checked out pretty much every form of Christianity available and they all left me wanting. Last night I went to mass and it was beautiful.

Now what do I say to all those people I told that I grew up Catholic but I am no longer Catholic? :)

PadrePioOfPietrelcino

Welcome home. Just tell them the truth, you had a journey found out somethings and came home ready to do better.

That was then, this is now...

To quote Bob Dylan, "I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now." 

To quote the Grateful Dead, "What a long strange trip it's been."

To quote Rosanne Cash, "You thought you'd left it all behind, You thought you'd up and gone, But all you did was figure out How to take the long way home." (Change the You's to I's.) 

To quote Dorothy Gale, "There's no place like home." 

To quote Graham Parsons, "Twenty thousand roads I went down down down, but they all led me straight back home to you."

Something about The Return of the Prodigal? 

Something about the shepherd leaving the 99 to go in search of the lost 1? 

To quote John Newton, "I once was lost but now am found."

I could go on, but you catch my drift.  

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

WB prodigal person

The fattened calf is benibg prepared, I hope your hungry, there will also be angels singing songs of praise for your return.:) hiphopehooray

19 hours ago, Cradle Catholic said:

Now what do I say to all those people I told that I grew up Catholic but I am no longer Catholic? :)

sorry to hear of your loss!  Hope you get back on your feet and see the light of Christ

Cradle Catholic, hope getting back into stride is going well! for cerulean's post... uh, admins plz halp

Edited by chrysostom

7 hours ago, chrysostom said:

Cradle Catholic, hope getting back into stride is going well! for cerulean's post... uh, admins plz halp

Only dUSt can give phishy tags, but the suspension button is a glorious thing. ;) He will take a break and hopefully be a bit politer if and when he comes back.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye
8 hours ago, Cerulean_Warbler said:

The fact that you went to mass more than likely means that you prayed in communion with non-Catholics. The Vatican II church teaches heresy. They glorify non-Catholics as holy such as protestants, muslims, jews, buddhists, ect. Such is apostasy and anyone who does such is not a Catholic and thus must be rejected and avoided.

Yes warbler holy mother church teaches that we need not look outside her walls for the truth for she contains the fullness of truth. But that is not to say that there aren't variations of light outside of her bosom for god has never abandoned one soul, and my guess is that the various shades of lights of heaven/ the angels have delivered messages before outside of Judaism and some amount of these lights still remain to varying degrees in some most or half the worlds cultures though not all for the rare few utterly rejected the angels teachings and nore does any culture outside of holy mother church contain the fullness of truth and can be littered with philosophies of the darkness/idols/demons, genisis I think backs me up for I was told or read that it States if I'm correct that god sent angels to bear offspring with the tribes outside of eden, not those exact words though. Unsure my memories correct.

Edited by Tab'le De'Bah-Rye