An Old School Catholic Message Board

For Faith and those who love her, and for my students

beatitude

Almost a week has gone by since the funeral of my friend Faith (faithcecelia on Phatmass). It's still hard to come to terms with her absence. Being in her town for the funeral but not going to her home was difficult, and it was strange to think I'll probably have no reason ever to go back there. I miss her so much, and one of her other friends is really struggling with grief right now. Please pray for us.

Also pray for my students. I have a class of 40 people, all in the final year of their degree. I'm lucky enough to have some really passionate enthusiastic students, but I'm frustrated with the lack of reading and preparation from many others, and their reluctance to participate more actively in discussion. It's an intense course and a longer than average class, and it's on a Friday afternoon too, so I know they come to me tired and looking forward to the weekend. But I really want them to get the most out of it all the same. Please pray for me to teach effectively and for them to participate as fully as they can.