An Old School Catholic Message Board

A heretic is

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Someone who stands against holy mother churches primary mission. To feed and clothe the naked, visit the sick and tend to the widow and orphan.

Booya.

Jesus is lord.

Why would anyone stand against such virtue? Of course there is the heretic that was catholic and denies the teachings of the holy magesterium. They where never one of us says saint Paul.

PadrePioOfPietrelcino

A heretic is someone who commits heresy, Canon 751 "Heresy is the obstinate denial or obstinate doubt after reception of baptism of some truth which is to be believed by divine and Catholic faith; apostasy is the total repudiation of the Christian faith; schism is the refusal of submission to the Supreme Pontiff or of communion with the members of the Church subject to him."

There can be no formal heresy in the Catholic Church unless a person has been confronted with his or her heterodoxy and refuses to recant or correct.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Yes that's the heretic of canon law and the bible, these are catholics who refuse to follow the teachings of the holy magesterium.

And a biblical anti Christ is one who has been ex communicated that looks for unsuspecting lambs to kill, to teach error.

And my idea of another kind of heretic that was never catholic just to justify some of what warbler may have been getting at is someone who stands in direct opposition to holy mother church whose primary mission which is true religion which is straight from the bible to feed and clothe the naked, and tend to the sick, the orphan and the widow. 

Yay or nay?

But anyhow just trying to find a connection, my idea is different to the canon law you posted and I believe the law also but what I have revealed perhaps is what the documents warbler presented are on about, including the biblical anti Christ or wolf in sheep's clothing often still claiming to be in correct standing with Christ and speaking the truth.

deliberately trying to steal sheep from the flock instead if minding there own business and starting there own church or some croutons and leaving holy mother church alone. Oh says holy scripture the doom and gloom set aside for such a person.

Unsure people should try and discern some church documents without solid knowledge of holy scripture for I was told sacred tradition can not contradict holy scripture and visa versa and don't actually. That's why knowledge of holy scripture can help in revealing what is actually being stated in sacred tradition. Not saying my discerment of the ancient ex Cathedra's he bought forward is correct. :)

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

To stand in utter defiance of the holy roman catholic church is to stand against her primary mission. And that is pure evil to deny the poor and needy and not attempt to at the least provide them with the nescesities to live.

PadrePioOfPietrelcino
15 hours ago, Tab'le De'Bah-Rye said:

And my idea of another kind of heretic that was never catholic just to justify some of what warbler may have been getting at is someone who stands in direct opposition to holy mother church... 

Yay or nay?

Unsure people should try and discern some church documents without solid knowledge of holy scripture for I was told sacred tradition can not contradict holy scripture and visa versa and don't actually. That's why knowledge of holy scripture can help in revealing what is actually being stated in sacred tradition. Not saying my discerment of the ancient ex Cathedra's he bought forward is correct. :)

Nay,

It is important for discussion to NOT just create our own new definitions for well defined and historical terms. Doing so actually confuses the issue more when it comes to interpretation of the deposit of the faith. While I commend your effort to stand strongly on what Christianity is and means, it is slightly misguided when not following the prescribed definitions.

As for what you present about interpreting the deposit of the faith, you are correct that Holy Scripture helps to understand the deposit of the faith, but also remember that Holy Scripture is part of and from the Deposit of the Faith. The Deposit of the faith is most fully guarded by the magisterium of the Church. WE can not understand the Deposit of the Faith apart from the Bishops. It is not an independent study and formulation, confusion can be clarified by reading the documents of the Councils from a hermeneutic of continuity.

15 hours ago, Tab'le De'Bah-Rye said:

... someone who stands in direct opposition to holy mother church whose primary mission which is true religion which is straight from the bible to feed and clothe the naked, and tend to the sick, the orphan and the widow. 

While you have indeed identified good things which Christians are called to do, I think you have not fully recognized the primary mission of the Church in limiting it to good works. Might I suggest you read the Catechism of the Catholic Church paragraphs 751-780. http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p123a9p1.htm

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Yeah I get that but after we gather.lol. The gathering of the people is the church and we shouldn't have to do the primary mission alone. I got the whole primary mission stuff I think out of the back of the divine chaplet booklet titled 'will you help me'

Of course there is prayer I'd say that falls under the church gathering. Scripture says anything you agree to pray for shall be granted. Some think we only gather for mass but prayer cell groups is an ancient practise, if I'm correct. Modern Christianity is way less communal, perhaps for a very long time. 

And perhaps Christians used to gather and pray outside of the breaking of bread  only that every mouth shall be fed,the weak made strong etc, which would fit in with the primary purpose.

But I'm assuming Christianity does not exist solely for the primary purpose and the primary purpose is neither greater or lesser then her other endeavours just filling the greatest need.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

If the church is the new Jerusalem then the Desmond Dekker song 'the israrlites' says it all.

Food and water clothing is an absolute nescisary for survival and the energy to pray, to work, to walk, to pro create. I'm guessing this is why these are the primary purpose.