An Old School Catholic Message Board

Catholics are not Christians debate

ROCKCYCNZ

Are Catholics really Christian/ Christ centric ?  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

All right, then. Would you have responded maybe, no, or unsure? And why?

Expose away. Catholic doctrine has nothing to hide. :)

you didn't give the simple option to just say most catholics are christian. it's more of a debate whether they all are. like, can a damned 'catholic' really be catholic or christian for that matter? same question could be asked of any christian  in name only, though.  also i dont buy that they are the original christians, just that there was a general structure similar to the current catholic church in the early church. 

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

We da o.g's baybay. Original gospel.:saint2::amen::pope:

No one else is lead by the see of Peter. No leader, no order, no authority.

St paul even went to saint Peter straight away to authenticate his mission and visions, or whatever he had to go to peter for buh he had to go to the authority on the matter, and peter is the authority

The Catholic church is def the o.g but unsure all Catholics that claim to be catholic even know what catholic is.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye
31 minutes ago, Isaac said:

Catholic is universal

And what is universal?

And why is the church universal. I don't understand the intricacies I just read the bible, pray, goto mass and confession and do my rosary.

Edited by Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

I believe these are ways of following Christ, or encountering Christ and listening for his will. These are universal signs of Christ in the catholic church but seemingly not universal like plants, or animals or the stars. What does universal mean in the catholic sense? Idk

Or universal that all true catholics believe the same thing, universally, around the board. Or meant to any way?

That which is known to the individual to be revealed by the holy magesterium, but of course we don't know everything that is revealed, though perhaps some know much some less? To be open to learn from the magesterium is universal yes?

Hey I'm a Catholic convert. As far as I know universal means that all Catholics believe the same thing. They believe in GOD the father almighty creator of heaven and Earth

And in Jesus Christ, the only begotten son of GOD who was concieved of the HOLY SPIRIT born of the HOLY VIRGIN MARY

suffered under Pontius Pilot was crucified died and was then buried 

Then he ROSE again on the third day ascended in to heaven and is now seated at the right Hand of the Father

Do I need to go on? Tell me and I will :saint2:

KnightofChrist

If we really want to discuss a hot topic issue there's always Pope Francis' recent trip to South America, his comments made there, and a letter he received that he said he didn't know about. 

brettthescotland

Prior to the 1500s the only church was the Catholic Church.

The. Roman Catholic Church and the Orthodox Church is the original Church.

After the reformation and the Protestant split, the  Protestant church lost a great deal bu rejecting so much, they threw the baby out with the bath water..

As a matter of fact I attend (and am headimg towards ordination and study for the priesthood) Anglican Church in Australia, though I am not so liberal like the epicscoplal church, but I love the Catholic Church. 

I recently left a baptist church and in my reading/hearing, Catholic Christians are just as much on fire for Jesus, but so far advanced in the historic and traditional backgrounds of prayer and worship than Protestants.

I get truly upset and angry when protestants say that Catholics aren’t Christians.

Edited by brettthescotland
Sentence structure

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

In the catholic dictionary I can find universal law and I can't cut and paste for some reason but from memory it says something like, 'a law that binds all Catholics or specific group(in the catholic church I assume)' That's the short hand of what it said. So this would be the ex Cathedra's no and the different orders particulars? I don't want to debate just discuss. So in my mind this leads me to believe that catholic is the universal laws that every christian under the care of the pope and the holy magesterium is to believe.