An Old School Catholic Message Board

Mental Illness, Politics, and Guns

little2add

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Luke! I am your Father. :jester: throw down your idols and come back home, I love you my son let me clean you of your rebellion. :P

Law of man can not fix a broken heart, only love, faith and hope.

The rebellion being idol worship. How can catholic Americans expect to influence mainstream u.s.a if they have idols in one hand and the crucifix in another, any catholic for that matter. Popular culture is the large chunk of the majority and the majority isn't catholic.

Edited by Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Just war doctrine aside. Thou shalt not kill. Jesus "he that lays down his life for my sake..." Even life can become an idol, Jesus "what is it worth to gain the whole world and loose your very soul." Jesus "fear not he that can destroy your body but the one who can destroy both the body and soul."

How can we expect to stop the genocide of abortion if we too will kill to save our own life, most of these women believe the baby will end there life. Its the same concept at the core, live or die, the things of heaven or earth. A gun says you have the right to kill and you do, but all is lawful but not all beneficial,even without guns people kill but whether lawful or not its the principal, thou shalt not kill, no catholic should support instruments of death in the hands of the general population. But I get the whole 5th amendment in case a dictator gets in the people can defend themselves because they don't believe in heaven and the commandment "thou shalt not kill." Impossible to uphold this commandment if you love anything more then god and the promise of heaven, family and friends included. That's what I believe anyway, believe what yuz want, god will be the judge in the end anyway.

GreenScapularedHuman
7 hours ago, Tab'le De'Bah-Rye said:

A gun says you have the right to kill and you do

No one has a right to kill. Ever. Under any circumstance. Killing is the deliberate doing wrong because the alternative is more wrong, thus in American law and natural law it is argued that self-defense is permissible and sometimes required. But the minimizing and avoiding of that wrong is the goal.

Also even if self-defense plan to be arrested and indicted.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye
2 hours ago, GreenScapularedHuman said:

No one has a right to kill. Ever. Under any circumstance. Killing is the deliberate doing wrong because the alternative is more wrong, thus in American law and natural law it is argued that self-defense is permissible and sometimes required. But the minimizing and avoiding of that wrong is the goal.

Also even if self-defense plan to be arrested and indicted.

Your wrong man you have the right to do anything you want to no matter what any law says. The law says "thou shalt not kill" because you are denying another beings right to live/choose. The ultimate sin. But you can deny another's right to live if you want but it is the enemy of love.

Truth is Anyone can do whatever the hell they want to despite any law. But if you believe in love you don't break the law. Laws of god that is.

Truth is Anyone can do whatever the hell they want to despite any law. But if you believe in love you don't break the law. Laws of god that is.

If you love others you will keep the commandments naturally, including loving god not the world. Love is not a law or commandment it is the truth, either you know the truth or you don't. Simple.

We don't need laws to illuminate the truth. Either one is a goat or a sheep, a lover or a fighter, and some claim pacifist but there passive in the sense of violence but will oppress you emotionally, this isn't love.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Laws are nescisary for satinists that rob, lie, kill, cheat and destroy without them. If mankind listened to his soul more then his heart or head he would have no need for law, just love.

If you knew love you would never ever take another's life even if it meant loosing yours, just like Jesus!

What makes one life more important then another's? What about the pharisee and tax collector in the temple? Hypocrits!

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Violence begats violence. Jesus " I say unto you if you have anger in your heart you are already a murderer."

You need law because you know not love. Your hearts are deceived. But that's how it is until Jesus returns.

If love was your law you would understand. Though some need to be locked up because love protects and not only that gives people time out to repent. Your death penalty sux as much as abortion.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Those without sin cast the first stone.

Praise the lord that your a holy roman catholic belonging to no nation.

Though we must vote and be politically active out of love for all people.

Be a papist not a nationalist. Jesus " be in the world but not of it."

On 2/16/2018 at 8:05 PM, polskieserce said:

How on Earth is the current system supposed to deal with semi-functional people like the Florida shooter when it can't even handle severely dysfunctional people

this Florida boy was clearly disturbed and mentally unsound.  the fact that he was issued a gun permit is disturbing and may be the true crux of the matter 

there is little doubt that better, more rigorous  gun permits are needed and better scrutiny is needed to weed out mentally ill, and /or intoxicated type persons.   Think about it you can't drive the car or operate heavy machinery under the influence.   The use of  Marijuana,  alcohol and  antidepressant drug should be scrutinized before a gun permit is issued to a individual.  

This could be easily done without infringing on the second amendment.  I'm not suggesting that better scrutiny would prevent all mass killings but it would certainly curtail the majority of them.  

Edited by little2add

GreenScapularedHuman
9 minutes ago, little2add said:

this Florida boy was clearly disturbed and mentally unsound.  the fact that he was issued a gun permit is disturbing and may be the true crux of the matter 

there is little doubt that better, more rigorous  gun permits are needed and better scrutiny is needed to weed out mentally ill, and /or intoxicated type persons.   Think about it you can't drive the car or operate heavy machinery under the influence.   The use of  Marijuana,  alcohol and  antidepressant drug should be scrutinized before a gun permit is issued to a individual.  

This could be easily done without infringing on the second amendment.  I'm not suggesting that better scrutiny would prevent all mass killings but it would certainly curtail the majority of them.  

Yes disturbing indeed... the repeated lesson of most of these mass shootings is that the firearms in questions were obtained legally even despite alarming red flags.

I think short of majorly limiting all firearm rights in the United States the nation of Switzerland is worth considering (and perhaps emulating to a great extent) because they have a high per capita (person) firearm ownership but dramatically less firearm related crime/violence/death/injury.  One major difference in the Swiss system verses the American system is the Swiss view it far less a right and much more a duty.

Like I tried to discuss with you previously there is no reason to discriminate against all persons with mental health matters, moreover if they are in good faith receiving mental health care, and if this discrimination increases it will only discourage people approaching mental health care which will only compound not better the situation. Temporarily suspending firearm rights for certain persons seems very apt while they prove they can handle them while making those who want to exercise such firearm rights additionally prove that they are able.

But... considering the CDC has not done much research on firearms due to a chilling effect from Congress specific policies that are evidence based are not so easy to come by. But most firearm related crime is related to persons who are still young/emerging adults... we know that this is not an easy time for anyone as they transition to full adulthood, their brains have not fully developed/matured yet (not till sometime between 26-30, in manners that directly affect their ability for good judgment and long-term planning), they are not fully independent/stable within the world, and I could go on... Thusly limiting firearms from such younger persons till they are more developed, independent, stable, and fully adults may be very well warranted.

2 hours ago, GreenScapularedHuman said:

Like I tried to discuss with you previously there is no reason to discriminate against all persons with mental health matters, moreover if they are in good faith receiving mental health care, and if this discrimination increases it will only discourage people approaching mental health care which will only compound not better the situation.

that is not what I'm saying at all.  in the case of this Florida boy however there was ample evidence potentially dangerous violence that should have been take into account by authorities

Edited by little2add