An Old School Catholic Message Board

shaving

ToJesusMyHeart

ToJesusMyHeart

yes, therese, my boyfriend doesn't care what i do with my leg hair or any other hair on my body. 

the issue is that some men here complained that it's "gross" to not shave, or that men should compel women to shave because it makes men happy, which is plainly false. 

On 3/1/2018 at 7:34 PM, ToJesusMyHeart said:

yes, therese, my boyfriend doesn't care what i do with my leg hair or any other hair on my body. 

the issue is that some men here complained that it's "gross" to not shave, or that men should compel women to shave because it makes men happy, which is plainly false. 

Lol.   Some men like funny girls better than intelligent girls.  

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

If entertainment, top 40 and the media have increased predjudice, persecution and some kind of class system, then yes it is sinful to partake in there empire and support them by watching or listening.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye
35 minutes ago, ToJesusMyHeart said:

wut

:lol3: Are you reading all the posts grrl. Wooot. :topsy::P 

SaintOfVirtue
On Thursday, March 01, 2018 at 4:34 PM, ToJesusMyHeart said:

Frankly, that's not the issue.  The issue is some men stated their opinion (which they are perfectly entitled to do) and you instantly started lambasting them as being part of some nonexistent patriarchal oppression of women. Unsurprisingly, they responded in like to this affront. 

If a man thinks leg hair is gross there's nothing wrong with that. He is allowed to have his own tastes and opinions of what is attractive, and it's not bullying if he voices those preferences. He's simply stating his opinion. It's not patriarchal coercion or intended to oppress women. In fact, I have not seen a single post in this thread suggesting women be forced to shave or be shamed for choosing not too. Simply saying that one finds it gross does not fall into either of those categories.     

The real issue here is not patriarchal oppression; it's matriarchal emasculation. lawl

ToJesusMyHeart

LMAO if you think that patriarchal oppression is nonexistent, nothing anyone says will change your mind. Men have been oppressing women for millennia and it continues to this day. Your gross erasure of that reality is sickening. 

tinytherese

:huh:   I don't get it. None of the men on here said that they would force a woman to shave and none of them said that women who don't shave are gross. I don't know why you're calling them sexist for this.

Pointing out sexism when it's there is a good thing to do. Crying sexism when it isn't there is silly and counter-productive.