An Old School Catholic Message Board

Knightly Religious

Thijs

I would like to get your thoughts on the religious communities that has a knightly habit and inspirations

The Knights of the Holy Eucharist  founded by Mother Angelica of EWTN

As well as the apostolic Heralds of the Gospel founded in Brazil by Monsignor João Scognamiglio Clá Dias, E.P.

Heralds of the Gospel has two (2) religious communities; the Virgo Flos Carmeli, a clerical society of apostolic life for their members who received the call for the priesthood and the Regina Virginum which their website states, “Regina Virginum is a Society of Apostolic Life (…) formed by a group of members of the women’s branch of the Heralds of the Gospel – an international Private Association of Christ’s Faithful founded by Monsignor João Scognamiglio Clá Dias and recognized February 22, 2001 by the Pontifical Council for the Laity – who want to live in community seeking to ‘follow Christ with greater freedom and imitate Him more closely’ (Perfectae Caritatis 1) in order to better devote their lives to the service of the church.”

The Heralds seems to be quite apostolic and robust communities for both men and women and has vocation from the US and Canada

I just pulled up the website of the Knights of the Holy Eucharist.  Interesting that they are now located in Nebraska as indicated by their contact address and upcoming activities.  Apparently they are no longer at OLA?!  When did that happen?  I must admit I haven't had the inclination to follow anything going on at OLAM or the Shrine for the last year or so.

19 minutes ago, Francis Clare said:

I just pulled up the website of the Knights of the Holy Eucharist.  Interesting that they are now located in Nebraska as indicated by their contact address and upcoming activities.  Apparently they are no longer at OLA?!  When did that happen?  I must admit I haven't had the inclination to follow anything going on at OLAM or the Shrine for the last year or so.

FWIW, OLAM just had a final profession and will be having another one in a few weeks. I hope that bodes well for the future.