An Old School Catholic Message Board

Broken spirit

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

GreenScapularedHuman

@Tab'le De'Bah-Rye People having multiple mental health diagnoses is very common. The Catholic Church traditionally considers care for one's health mandated by at very least the fifth commandment:

Catechism of the Catholic Church
2288 Life and physical health are precious gifts entrusted to us by God. We must take reasonable care of them, taking into account the needs of others and the common good.

Concern for the health of its citizens requires that society help in the attainment of living-conditions that allow them to grow and reach maturity: food and clothing, housing, health care, basic education, employment, and social assistance.

2289 If morality requires respect for the life of the body, it does not make it an absolute value. It rejects a neo-pagan notion that tends to promote the cult of the body, to sacrifice everything for its sake, to idolize physical perfection and success at sports. By its selective preference of the strong over the weak, such a conception can lead to the perversion of human relationships.

2290 The virtue of temperance disposes us to avoid every kind of excess: the abuse of food, alcohol, tobacco, or medicine. Those incur grave guilt who, by drunkenness or a love of speed, endanger their own and others' safety on the road, at sea, or in the air.

2291 The use of drugs inflicts very grave damage on human health and life. Their use, except on strictly therapeutic grounds, is a grave offense. Clandestine production of and trafficking in drugs are scandalous practices. They constitute direct co-operation in evil, since they encourage people to practices gravely contrary to the moral law.

A personal patroness of mine I encourage you to look into Saint Dymphna, shes a patroness for those who deal mental health matters as well 'against demons' and family peace/happiness, and to read about the compassionate culture that has developed around the shrine to her https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2016/07/01/484083305/for-centuries-a-small-town-has-embraced-strangers-with-mental-illness

There are many people with psychotic disorders (which I truly dislike the term psychotic, I think they should change it to something like to disrealic/disrealism) which a non-negligible number of them have lived decent full lives https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_with_schizophrenia in particular Elyn Sacks a doctor/professor of law, psychology, psychiatry, and Associate Dean who was interviewed by NPR https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=12560033

There are also countless lawyers I know who have various mental health matters... and their general opinion is the overwhelming if you have it then take care of it. Simple as that. Like any other health matter. Which is perhaps partly as a result my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...
Tab'le De'Bah-Rye
On 25/02/2018 at 5:02 AM, GreenScapularedHuman said:

@Tab'le De'Bah-Rye People having multiple mental health diagnoses is very common. The Catholic Church traditionally considers care for one's health mandated by at very least the fifth commandment:

A personal patroness of mine I encourage you to look into Saint Dymphna, shes a patroness for those who deal mental health matters as well 'against demons' and family peace/happiness, and to read about the compassionate culture that has developed around the shrine to her https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2016/07/01/484083305/for-centuries-a-small-town-has-embraced-strangers-with-mental-illness

There are many people with psychotic disorders (which I truly dislike the term psychotic, I think they should change it to something like to disrealic/disrealism) which a non-negligible number of them have lived decent full lives https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_with_schizophrenia in particular Elyn Sacks a doctor/professor of law, psychology, psychiatry, and Associate Dean who was interviewed by NPR https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=12560033

There are also countless lawyers I know who have various mental health matters... and their general opinion is the overwhelming if you have it then take care of it. Simple as that. Like any other health matter. Which is perhaps partly as a result my 

If you have a real mental illness it isn't possible to work, these people are lying to themselves, god and the world. For it is not by power and might but the spirit of the Lord, these people are deceived/liers

GreenScapularedHuman
14 minutes ago, Tab'le De'Bah-Rye said:

If you have a real mental illness it isn't possible to work, these people are lying to themselves, god and the world. For it is not by power and might but the spirit of the Lord, these people are deceived/liers

Some people are very seriously disabled by their mental health matters and maybe will never be rehabilitated enough to work. But there is a lot of benefit in rehabilitating them even still and sometimes we never know how far it will go till its tried. But with most mental health matters with proper treatment, even with profound depression and psychosis, it is possible to have a non-disabled life.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Real mental illness is constant and criples the person without Christ. There may perhaps be mild forms of it. Though the person is not possessed the attacks from Satan are all the time, I guess if you don't have a formed conscience you can work for money  but work is not to be mistaken for righteousness.

Work for money and be under mild attack. Satan is not omniscent he can only attack so many people at once.

Edited by Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

GreenScapularedHuman
14 minutes ago, Tab'le De'Bah-Rye said:

Real mental illness is constant and criples the person without Christ. There may perhaps be mild forms of it. Though the person is not possessed the attacks from Satan are all the time, I guess if you don't have a formed conscience you can work for money  but work is not to be mistaken for righteousness.

Work for money and be under mild attack. Satan is not omniscent he can only attack so many people at once

Elyn Sacks along with many of the others listed on the wiki article I cited have very profound mental illness... in particular schizophrenia. Elyn Sacks' interview with NPR talks about her bouts with suicide, delusion, hallucinations, paranoia, thought disorders, and the like.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Doesn't mean there not lying and seeking attention, and that they researched the diseases. Supposedly many people lie

Seeking money, attention. Idk. Its not in a Christians nature to lie because its not in gods nature to lie, but it is Satan's nature to lie.

Edited by Tab'le De'Bah-Rye