An Old School Catholic Message Board

Discernment in vision, from a distance, of spirits

kg94

Does anyone know anything about which Saints had discernment in vision, from a distance? As in, were able to discern spirits in vision from wherever they were, without having to be in a particular place to see what was there? Or how they coped with it? I'm thinking along the lines of mystics and visionaries in the Church, those like Padre Pio and St. Faustina? But would anyone know of other saints, their stories, and how they coped with the challenges of such a gift? I'm interested to know if anyone has resources on this. Thanks and God bless. 

Kim-Thérèse

GreenScapularedHuman

I seem to recall some Catholics from Africa, businessmen, telling me that there was there were some churches in Africa that claimed our Lady appeared at the top of them... I seem to recall one of them telling me as recent as a year ago that one was on-going and that he had been there (though didn't see our Lady). He was a devote Catholic but quite pragmatic, naturalistic, and skeptical... I enjoyed my conversations with the man. He has since returned to his home country due to family issues...

Not too sure I understand what you are looking for, but Angela of Foligno was certainly a most unusual and outstandingly gifted mystic.  She would certainly to me fall into the category of a Padre Pio or a St Faustina.

(St Angela of Foligno: 1248 – 4 January 1309 -  canonized in 2013).

Book: "Angela of Foligno: Passionate Mystic of the Double Abyss" https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1271933.Angela_of_Foligno