An Old School Catholic Message Board

Postulant reception, Sacred Heart Sisters

DameAgnes

truthfinder

I think they've been mentioned here once or twice.  I think part of their charism is joy. And they certainly looking like they have a very family feel to them. Lovely. 

When I was in junior high school I lived down the street from their convent in Reno.  They taught catechism at the local Catholic grade school.  Wonderful women.

Oh how wonderful for them!!! I know this order very well. They run a girls camp and a family camp during the summer as well as a leadership retreat for women during the winter. I loved attending the camp and the leadership retreat when I lived in Southern California.  I miss them terribly and have yet to make a visit to their convent in St. Louis.

Since they live in the mountains, they love to hike almost every day! I've never met sisters who do it so much! They also have a very unique way of explaining matters of the faith through drawing little stick figure pictures. It may seem a bit funny but it works! My pastor even had to take a class with them during the seminary to learn a different way to explain the faith to kids.

They actually began in Hungry but had to move to the U.S. due to religious persecution and have done well here ever since. I'm glad they are still receiving vocations. 

• 2 weeks later...