An Old School Catholic Message Board

Apostles of the Sacred Heart

LoveZoe11

Do any of you have any experience with this community?

I contacted their vocation director and she seemed really nice and helpful. I will hopefully be talking over the phone with her sometime next week.

• 2 weeks later...

They are fine and faithful community. I don't know if they are still is a member of both the LCWR and CMSWR. 
Mother M. Clare Millea used to be sent by Pope Benedict to conduct and assess the religious life in US years back. They are on their habits and is not lacking vocations.

Such a lovely community! My favorite part about spending many days with them was that almost EVERY sister said their favorite thing to do with their free time was spend time with each other! And you could tell they really meant it. Sr Lany Jo and Sr Virgina were a hoot! My turn off was, as stated above, they are members of both women religious organizations. I noticed this caused several moments of hold-your-breath tensions within the postulants and novices during conversation with older members. We had RIVETING discussions about feminism in Catholicism, but sometimes it got too far. Their provincial house grounds are stunning and their come-and-see retreat was extraordinarily structured and very, very practical. It was helpful how much we both got to talk to all generations of the community as well as how much time we were allotted to talk to Jesus. This community taught me to pray the LOTH and I am forever grateful. I pray Sr. Angela, the Vocations Director, can assist you! If they are still offering them, the weekly lectio divinas are soothing and comforting. Sr Colleen gave me great advice: with discernment, not choosing is a choice! There comes a time when you have to start discerning WITHIN the walls of a convent. It was necessary to hear for me to take the next step. Good luck, have fun! 

• 2 weeks later...
Totus Tuus Maria

They are such a beautiful, faithful community filled with charity! They are also an international order with sisters all over the world. 

Their charism is to spread love and devotion of the Sacred Heart of Jesus and to make reparation to his Sacred Heart by living a life of charity and holiness spreading His abundant love. 

Also, their foundress, Venerable Clelia Merloni, will be beatified this fall by Pope Francis in Rome.