An Old School Catholic Message Board

Web Design

sr.christinaosf

sr.christinaosf

I have been doing our web-page for several years now for the assisted living-type home where I work: www.stannesguesthome.org .  

I recently made a few little changes to it and asked feedback from some people.   

One person reinforced a suspicion I already had; it is a bit dated in its style.

She suggested asking the local community/tech. college if they would like to do it for a student project; I am exploring that option.

I have  one hesitation with that, though.

I do not know if I will be able to continue updating it with new pictures, information, calendars, etc. if I don't have the program they do it in.

I thought I would ask here and see if any of you are really into web design and would be interested in the challenge of re-vamping the site to make it more contemporary looking.

One thing is, in our favor, that our audience is not meant to be young people - it is largely geared toward older folks (40+) who are looking for a living center for themselves or a parent, etc.

sr.christinaosf

I use WordPress for blogging...The thing is that we already have our domain name and web-hosting through a place that offers them free for non-profits.  If we did Wordpress, we'd have to pay for our unique domain name.

3 hours ago, sr.christinaosf said:

I use WordPress for blogging...The thing is that we already have our domain name and web-hosting through a place that offers them free for non-profits.  If we did Wordpress, we'd have to pay for our unique domain name.

Does the free web-host not allow you to install Wordpress on it? It can be installed on most any server.

7 hours ago, sr.christinaosf said:

Yes - I just found out that we can install WordPress.

I think this would be the best way to go! Then, just choose from thousands of available themes:

https://themeforest.net/category/wordpress

Another positive is that any Wordpress theme created within the last few years should also be "responsive" or mobile phone compatible.