An Old School Catholic Message Board

Daughter of Divine Love - Nigerian Order

cartermia

Hey everyone! It's been a long time since I posted on here but I had a question for you all. Does anybody have information about the Daughters of Divine Love or have ever discerned with them? My college actually just hired one to teach theology and African studies and two other sisters are coming to help in the local parish. I don't go to a Catholic school so this seemed rather peculiar to me but I do know that religious have taught her in the past. I found their website (https://www.ofdivinelove.com/) but was wondering if anyone else had anymore information on them. I am hoping to get a TA job with the one who will be teaching. 

They have a community of 4 sisters in northern illinois. They attend mass at St.Mary's  Church in 

West Brooklyn,Il. I believe they only have mass three times a week because West Brooklyn has 40 people go to a Sunday mass so they are small. Their convent is in Compton,Il. It came as a surprise that a convent would EVER be found in Compton,Il. I'm not sure what their ministry is. There isn't much to do in Compton. That's all I know that you wouldn't already know by their website.

I've met some of them. They were in my old parish. They have an extremely wide-ranging apostolate. They were founded during the Biafran-Nigerian war, and I think that is why their ministry is so varied: the war had left the country so devastated that there were a huge number of needs crying out for attention, and they decided to respond with the love of Christ wherever they could.

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 4:16 PM, John Paul said:

They have a community of 4 sisters in northern illinois. They attend mass at St.Mary's  Church in 

West Brooklyn,Il. I believe they only have mass three times a week because West Brooklyn has 40 people go to a Sunday mass so they are small. Their convent is in Compton,Il. It came as a surprise that a convent would EVER be found in Compton,Il. I'm not sure what their ministry is. There isn't much to do in Compton. That's all I know that you wouldn't already know by their website.

There used to be a group that rented the old convent at my parish in Chicago (St. William).  Their service area was home health care.