An Old School Catholic Message Board

Where I've been…

Seven77

It's good to be posting here...

Some of you know that I have a kind of muscular dystrophy, which affects major muscles. Some may remember when i started to have to use a ventilator.  Anyway, I was hospitalized with aspiration pneumonia in January...  for about 40 days. They drained a lot of liquid from my lungs. During that time I was really delirious and hallucinating because of the medicine they gave me!  I was really tripping out! Even when I came home… All these strange dreams and memories. For some time, I thought people were out to get me and that they were fake versions of themselves. While some of the things I experienced in the hospital are clear, some things are not so clear. But anyway, it's getting better. They think that I had aspiration pneumonia, that I swallowed food the wrong way-- so they were going to do a swallow test but I went into a delirium that set it back.  (I got a feeding tube while I was in the hospital) After I was discharged, a swallow therapist was assigned to help may start eating by mouth again… I've been making progress from clear liquids to purées and now I have to wait until the big swallow test at the hospital… So, yeah. And I also broke my arm somehow while in delirium.

That's been my Lent up to now :).

That delirium sounds frightening. I'm glad you're feeling better in yourself mentally, and I hope that your physical state will improve too and let you be a bit more comfortable. I'll pray for you at Mass tonight.