An Old School Catholic Message Board

For my students and my friend

beatitude

I would like to ask prayers for my final-year undergraduate students as they prepare their last assignment for my class. Please pray for J in particular. He copied an article from the Internet and turned it in as his coursework, and next week we will both have to attend a misconduct committee hearing. It's possible that he will not be allowed to graduate. No matter what the committee decides, pray that he learns from this experience and is honest from now on. Then there is my PhD student: she's working so hard, but a close friend of hers died very suddenly from cancer and she is struggling to cope with both her studies and the grief. Pray for the repose of her friend's soul and for her to be comforted.

Lastly, pray for my friend W. He is a relatively new friend and colleague, and he happened to drop by on a day when I was struggling with PTSD. I am not open about having experienced trauma beyond a small circle of extremely close friends, and I worry he may have found me cold and standoffish when really I was just anxious and not able to pay much attention to what he was saying. Please pray that he will be able to overlook anything awkward or abrupt in my behaviour.