An Old School Catholic Message Board

Sr. Jessica's Vocational Message...

Poor Friars

I would have appreciated if you hadn't opened three threads but put the three messages of your members in one post. Now I have to reply in all three?

Next to that, I am feeling less and less comfortable about your posts, as they are as far as I see almost never inquiring or responding to other user's needs but a more or less constant unveiled promotion of your religious group. No one else does this here, except from the publication of come and see events or entries/professions. Please ponder. 

Poor Friars
10 hours ago, allegra said:

I would have appreciated if you hadn't opened three threads but put the three messages of your members in one post. Now I have to reply in all three?

Next to that, I am feeling less and less comfortable about your posts, as they are as far as I see almost never inquiring or responding to other users' needs but a more or less constant unveiled promotion of your religious group. No one else does this here, except from the publication of come and see events or entries/professions. Please ponder. 

Peace and good Allegra,

thank you for posting your thoughts here. We are grateful for your gentle reminder to ponder. We apologize for posting these last posts individually, where in reality it would have been more appropriate to send them all in one post. As we are learning our online etiquette, there are many things we could do better.

We are indeed intentional about sharing our community's activity here on this forum as tool of sharing our community to any vocational inquirer. We need to 'fish' were the 'fish' gather - thanks be to God and His Mother Church, here at Phatmass, we have an opportunity to "let our light shine" (within the "House") (Matt 5:16, 1Tim 3:13).  We give Glory to God for this opportunity for not only our community, but any other community to share their work here to help build the kingdom of God. 

As the forum's catchphrase: "Contemplating religious life? It's a party for all you priest and nun wannabes!" states it clearly, this forum is a phenomenal grace not only for those who have such heavenly desires in their heart, but also for those who are trying to promote, share and support these special souls who often struggle in finding the community that best suits their charism. 

Grateful for your suggestion, we will try to be more  graceful in our presentation here on this (and any other) forum(s) etc., though we will NOT stop posting material on vocational promotion that is (as we always do) specifically intended in helping people understand God's Will. If you (or anyone else) do not find our posts appealing, simply don't click on our post. 

God bless you and best wishes of Holiness.
PS. - We hope you like the videos. Was there anything that you liked about them?

beatitude

I've merged the threads so that all the videos can now be found easily in one place.

Brother, we have a handful of religious who post on VS - Sister Leticia and Sister Christine are the most regular now, but in the past there was Sister Marie as well, and there are a few others who drop by from time to time as their community life permits. It's great to have religious joining the conversation on the phorum, and of course talking about your community is fine. But...the key thing is to be having a conversation. The sisters I mention have never just posted topic after topic about their community. They get involved in the forum by answering people's questions about religious life and giving advice based on their own experience (even if that person is not discerning with their community specifically). They have a real relationship with the other posters here. The only time you post here seems to be when you want to post vocations videos or something similar. I think you are seeing this place as more of a noticeboard (one person puts up a poster, then passers-by come and read it) than as a place to have a conversation with others, and this is why people find it off-putting. If you interacted with people on the forum a bit more you might receive more inquiries about your community. :)