An Old School Catholic Message Board

Star Trek and St. Luke

tinytherese

tinytherese

Weeks ago, my brother was confirmed. He received some gifts which included a book called St. Peter's Bones, since Peter was the name he chose. My mom commented that everytime she looked at the title that she kept thinking of Bones from Star Trek. A thought occured to me, which I shared with her.

St. Luke is like Bones since he was a doctor who traveled with St. Paul on his missionary journeys. Later I thought, Paul would be Captain Kirk then. His disciples who joined him sometimes would be the rest of the crew. 

While we're talking about sci-fi and sci-fantasy, since Paul considered himself a spiritual father, he could tell Luke that he was his father.

Edited by tinytherese

On 4/26/2018 at 5:13 PM, tinytherese said:

Weeks ago, my brother was confirmed. He received some gifts which included a book called St. Peter's Bones, since Peter was the name he chose. My mom commented that everytime she looked at the title that she kept thinking of Bones from Star Trek. A thought occured to me, which I shared with her.

St. Luke is like Bones since he was a doctor who traveled with St. Paul on his missionary journeys. Later I thought, Paul would be Captain Kirk then. His disciples who joined him sometimes would be the rest of the crew. 

While we're talking about sci-fi and sci-fantasy, since Paul considered himself a spiritual father, he could tell Luke that he was his father.

St. Paul's words were his lightsaber:

5391885225_2735622858.jpg

(Star Trek and Star Wars coexist)

Edited by Seven77