An Old School Catholic Message Board

Franciscan Sisters of the Immaculate?

LoveZoe11

Hi Sister Leticia and beatitude,

Thank you for your advice!  I read some articles here and there and realize about their age limit.  I just wanted to give it a try.   I got attracted to their habit and most of all, I love Latin Mass :).

I quit the job at the bank after 16 years of working, gave away my belongings starting to live very simple, prepare myself to live the life as a nun to follow my heart.  Things did not work out for me at 2 monasteries in town but I will not give up.  I am going to have 1-week visit one contemplative-active order next week and will be searching for more communities but not in town this time  :).

I filled out the inquiry form (5 days ago) to one of the orders which were suggested from other thread but still have not got the response.

Thanks for your blessing and please continue to pray for me!

Much appreciated!

There is also a Visitation monastery in Western MA that takes older vocations. Both Carmels in MA take older vocations, as do the Poor Clares. The Cistercians in Wrentham entertain older vocations, and the Benedictines at St Scholastica's havea stated upper limit of 40 but sometimes work with that.. MA is a great place for an older vocation.

• 2 weeks later...

I had visited with the sisters at their convent in Massachusetts about two years ago.  The last time I spoke to a sister was late last summer.  I found out early this year that they had left the US and weren’t accepting new vocations for 3 years.  I emailed a different sister whose contact info was on their website but never heard back.  It’s so unclear as to what spurred the investigation to begin with and why it’s still going on four years later with no end in sight.  It’s disheartening because I loved this Order and was seriously considering applying with them.  God knows what’s best so I’ll trust Him that I wasn’t meant to enter with them, at least at this time.  Now I’m looking into the Franciscan Sisters of the Renewal and the Marian Sisters of Santa Rosa.  I love the spirituality of the CFR Sisters but I love the liturgy and Marian devotion of the Marian Sisters.  God willing, I’ll follow His path for me.

• 6 months later...
Yesenia E Salamanca
On 4/27/2018 at 5:31 PM, LoveZoe11 said:

Does anyone have any news on the Franciscan's of the Immaculate? I tried getting in touch with their vocations director a couple of months ago, but the email came back as not in service.

Ave Maria,

Here is there email: 

fsi.holycross@talktalk.net