An Old School Catholic Message Board

Can I pick your brain?

sr.christinaosf

sr.christinaosf

Hope you don't mind me posting this here..
.I'm starting to think ahead to our annual pre-ice cream social mailing...Each June, we have a pie, cake, and ice cream social, with live entertainment and a free will offering to support our activity dept. for our residents here at St. Anne's. 
Traditionally, we have sent out an announcement to the families of our residents, inviting them to come and including a form where they can send a donation or commit to bringing a pie/cake for the event. 
More recently, we've begun including other community members, such as businesses, churches, people who come to our chapel here, etc.
As I think about the mailing, in this electronic age, I am wondering if we might be well-served doing something a little different...
Recently, I found a printing company which offers very good prices. What if (along with email/social media promotions), we sent out a post card to our mailing list, announcing the event, inviting them to attend, and offering a QR Code for online donations/ commitments of bringing something, etc, while also offering a "snail mail" method. 
Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. 

In a nut shell, I'm wondering whether an attractive postcard rather than the letter, slip, flyer, and small envelope mailing would be a good idea and effective.
Thanks so much.

Hi Sister,

You are ok posting here in my book, Sister.

My vote is to send out postcards.  Mailing surface or snail mail is a real warm and personal touch and really individualises your invitations.  The only drawback of course is that emails are free and surface mail costs and that is, of course, a question for your budget.

God bless your endeavours and grant you success.   Sounds good to me.

underatree

I like the postcard idea. Visual interest is important, and no one will bother reading to the end of a fundraising letter anyway. It will also save you the work of stuffing envelopes!

sr.christinaosf

Thanks - we are sending out snail mail regardless.  It's a question of full package (biz. envelope, letter, contribution from, return envelope) or postcard.