An Old School Catholic Message Board

Family Rosary Time

dUSt

With so many kids it's hard to say the rosary every day. In an effort to pray more as a family, we started a designated prayer time at 8:45pm every Mon-Fri. Each night we say one decade, so at the end of the week we've finished one rosary. It's starting small, and hardly takes any time (Mon and Fri have extra prayers). 

It's a start! It's also cool that I set the alarms to start playing chant when it's time to pray--so everybody in the house stops what they are doing and comes to the living room. :)

Does anybody else have habits or tips on small stuff like this that you do?

On 5/17/2018 at 11:56 AM, dUSt said:

With so many kids it's hard to say the rosary every day. In an effort to pray more as a family, we started a designated prayer time at 8:45pm every Mon-Fri. Each night we say one decade, so at the end of the week we've finished one rosary. It's starting small, and hardly takes any time (Mon and Fri have extra prayers). 

It's a start! It's also cool that I set the alarms to start playing chant when it's time to pray--so everybody in the house stops what they are doing and comes to the living room. :)

Does anybody else have habits or tips on small stuff like this that you do?

The alarms are a brilliant idea! 

How about asking your kids what they would pray for. "Let's ask Our Lady ---" 

3 hours ago, Seven77 said:

The alarms are a brilliant idea! 

How about asking your kids what they would pray for. "Let's ask Our Lady ---" 

At the end each kid picks a saint to pray for us, so my daughter has been referencing her "Lives of Saints" book to get new ideas. haha

3 hours ago, dUSt said:

At the end each kid picks a saint to pray for us, so my daughter has been referencing her "Lives of Saints" book to get new ideas. haha

Hey that's cool too…