Sign in to follow this  
sunna

Church app

sunna

Hello community,

I really want to know your opinion - is it ethical to build/use church app? I'm working in mobile app development company and one client wants to create church mobile app. And... I don't really think that church needs to spend money on that. So, what do you think about church app development?

fides' Jack

Depends on what it does.  I would not use it if it were intended to be used during Mass, for any reason.  If it's intended to connect parishioners outside of Mass, and/or notify us of different things, such as:

• Community events
  • Mass times
  • Confession times
  • Priest schedules
  • Contact information
  • Other useful things

For these things I would seriously consider using.  Might even pay if it's good enough.  

Most parishes have websites, and most of those websites are terrible and make it hard to find relevant information.  And especially since we do sometimes not go to our home parish - having these things more readily available would be fantastic.  The hard part IMHO would be getting the parish office onboard to keep it updated...

BarbaraTherese

We have a few new members.  Welcome to Phatmass :) 

Can't comment on apps, I have never actively purchased or used one that I know about.  Don't quite know what they are - this technological age is leaving me behind........and at 73 years of age, I do not mind at all. :) 

But I do think that anything that assists those that might be housebound for any reason are a great innovation and needed.