An Old School Catholic Message Board

Fun thought and facts!

gabrielofsorrows

gabrielofsorrows

I enjoy writing on here. A fun fact about me is i grew up with my dad being italian and french and my mom all italian. Well about 8 months ago my mom decided to do ancestry, its a site and they mail you a kit, you put your saliva in the kit they provide and mail it back,about 8 weeks or so you receive your results back. Well to her surprise she isnt all italian. Lol. To our suprise we are happy as well to be english, irish,some of middle eastern,german and from madrid spain too. I think its a fantastic idea! Just sharing some fun facts. God bless! :)

A friend of mine wanted to submit my DNA for analysis., the same time she sent hers in. I told her I knew my family history back to the immigrant generation along every line of my family. 

She's 100% Irish; her paternal grandparents immigrated as young adults; her maternal great-grandparents immigrated. But she was hoping to find some "exotic" strain in her DNA. 

The results: she's 100% Irish. I'm a combination of Irish, English, French, Dutch, and German - exactly what I already knew.  But the tests are helping her track down relatives she didn't know she had. Me - I've always known my people.