An Old School Catholic Message Board

Trump's Supreme Court pick: Brett Kavanaugh. Practicing Catholic.

dUSt

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well it looks like Kavanaugh has some serious problems with these new assault allegations. Did he do it? I don't think it matters. Guilty until proven innocent are the times we are living in.

Here are my bold predictions.

1) Kavanaugh does not survive. Trump either pulls his nomination, or he does not pass the Senate vote. I am not saying he did what he is accused of. But could it have happened? Sure. High school students do terrible things when they are drunk. And the possibility is enough.

2) Republicans hold the Senate in November.

3) Trump nominates Amy Coney Barrett, the person he should have gone with in the first place.

4) She is confirmed by the Senate, which is actually better since she seems to be a more staunchly pro-life and pro-Catholic than Kavanaugh.

Perhaps that is wishful thinking. But from Trump's perspective, I would put Kavanaugh down. There is a possibility of this turning into another Clarence Thomas / Anita Hill incident. From a political perspective, that is the last thing you would want to see in the# MeToo age. . .

Why are all of his all of his ex-girlfriends have the same name? Is it some sign of an unstable personality?

Two ex-girlfriends speak out in Kavanaugh's favor

Two women who dated Brett Kavanaugh, one in high school and another in college -- both named Maura -- released statements praising his character in the wake of this weekend's sexual assault allegations. One said he "always conducted himself honorably," while another said he was "respectful, kind and thoughtful."

Maura Fitzgerald, dated in college: "Brett Kavanaugh and I have been good friends since high school. I dated him in college and he was and is nothing like the person who has been described. He always conducted himself honorably with me at all times when we were together. He was always a perfect gentleman, and I vouch for him completely.”

Maura Kane, dated in high school: “I’ve been friends with Brett Kavanaugh for over 35 years, and dated him during high school. In every situation where we were together he always respectful, kind and thoughtful. The accusations leveled against him in no way represent the decent young man I knew. We remain good friends and I admire him as a husband, father and professional.”

wedgie.jpg

On 9/17/2018 at 11:08 AM, dUSt said:

I hope #3 comes true.

I think a female would have made a much better candidate if only to shut down the anti-woman rhetoric that the Democrats so fervently espouse

on republicans and trump

Normally people who are making up stories don't ask the FBI to investigate them, but either way, the Confirmation vote would happen by the Midterms, it's not like an FBI investigation into this would take forever.  The one into Anita Hill's testimony took only 3 days.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/19/politics/anita-hill-clarence-thomas-allegations-timeline/index.html

As for Comey-Barrett, not entirely sure about her being the super-amesome Catholic portrayed in this thread, given she's a member of an ecumenical group called People of Praise, that she had to swear a lifelong loyalty oath to, and she must report to a "handmaiden" as part of her membership.  It's definitely not disqualifying in any way, no religious test can be required for office, but not sure if she's as Catholic as it may seem at first.

https://slate.com/human-interest/2018/07/amy-coney-barretts-alleged-religious-group-people-of-praise-what-is-it.html

If bragging about kegs in high school and drinking in college disqualified anyone from office, the government would probably be empty, except for the 13 mormons in the house and senate.

Trump needs to dump him and pick Barrett

Of course the leftists, liberals Democrat anti-Americans will find something to accuse her of...

"The Dogma is strong in youuuuuuu."  

image.png.751751c10b28ffdf32333c252c5e2c47.png