An Old School Catholic Message Board

July 12 - Feast Sts. Louis & Zelie Martin

BarbTherese

Ash Wednesday

It's only been recently that I've started learning more about them. I've known plenty about Therese and her "little way" but lately I've just wanted to know as much possible not just about them, but their day to day life, and life in France at the time as well.

St Therese and her Little Way has been a great blessing in my journey too and I am an avid reader of all I come across about her and her family.  I feel the same about Jesus and His mother and foster father, the apostles, all those around Him as well as what their day to day life might have been like for them all.  I love to read about the times of Jesus and the land He walked, His culture.  Everything!

I have noted there are some programs coming up on the ABC (Aust Broadcasting Commission) about the female disciples of Jesus in His earthly life and new discoveries.......apparently that is. :)   Should be interesting.

"Sts. Louis & Zélie Martin: Holiness, Marriage, and Endurance"

ttps://catholicexchange.com/sts-louis-zelie-martin-holiness-marriage-endurance?mc_cid=e9ddda6f86&mc_eid=39e1626b60

Excerpt: "M. Guérin had very little money, so Zélie became a lace-maker. Thenceforward she could be seen at her window, putting together squares of point d’Alençon or making charming designs on paper for the discharge of the orders that came in such marvelous numbers. She wrapped herself in contemplation, and God was always with her. She mused on the possibility of serving Him more fully by marrying a husband who would be no less concerned for his glory, and bringing many children into the world who should be consecrated to his service."

Read MORE on above link

"Editor’s note: This article is adapted from a chapter in The Truth About Therese, which is available from Sophia Institute Press."